Menu

UK clothing company 'Next'....what is the quality like?

Next is not Boden quality, but it's not Boden's price point either. I would say of Old Navy quality if you're familiar. I like it to get a couple of trendy things each season for my DD that I don't want to spend a ton on.

I agree with this, although their signature line is better quality (with the prices to match.) We've been happy with Next.

I find next to be very average quality and sizing is on the short and wide side. The stuff is not boden quality. The cotton is not the best, it does bobble and shrink and wear holes quite easily so it's not clothing that can be passed down to the next kid that easily. I think the quality is similar to H&M if you know that brand.

Edited by lailasmum

I find the quality of Next pretty good for the price. No, it's not Boden, my first love:001_wub: but Boden is too expensive for everyday wear on fast growing kids now that we have homeschooling expenses for three. Next has kept their prices low here despite the on going recession, while other cheaper and lower quality brands have crept up in price, so Next remains my first stop for kids everyday wear, except socks. For those I go to Marks and Spencer.

I find the quality of Next pretty good for the price. No, it's not Boden, my first love:001_wub: but Boden is too expensive for everyday wear on fast growing kids now that we have homeschooling expenses for three. Next has kept their prices low here despite the on going recession, while other cheaper and lower quality brands have crept up in price, so Next remains my first stop for kids everyday wear, except socks. For those I go to Marks and Spencer.

:iagree: My boys are always climbing everything, trees, walls, you name it, and get into all sorts of scrapes, so they wreck clothes in no time, and Next clothes are fine. My DS who's almost 13 is becoming a bit more discerning, and also a little less destructive of clothes :tongue_smilie:, so I tend to buy rather better quality for him (his clothes also have the potential to be passed down to his three younger brothers :D).

Cassy