Menu

How did your CLE math child do on their standardized test?

AimeeM

If they did one, that is.

We would like Autumn to take the ITBS and I'll admit I'm nervous. She is using CLE 5 math with the Key To series and is moving through it (with mastery) very quickly. I'm just nervous, I guess.

So how did your child do on their standardized test while using CLE math?

Give me a couple of months and I'll let you know. I plan to give Rebecca the CAT. I will say that I gave her a practice test from the Spectrum test prep book and she only missed one problem.

BTW, how do you like the Key To series with CLE? I've been thinking of using the Fractions one.

Edited by Mommy22alyns

Give me a couple of months and I'll let you know. I plan to give Rebecca the CAT. I will say that I gave her a practice test from the Spectrum test prep book and she only missed one problem.

BTW, how do you like the Key To series with CLE? I've been thinking of using the Fractions one.

We absolutely LOVE the Key To series. There is no way a child can walk away from those books without mastery. Lol - in my opinion, of course.

Both of my kids have taken the IOWA through the school district and did very, very well with the testing. That's saying a lot since a) I'm not testing them at home so they are in a strange environment, b) my son is extremely distractable when there are other kids around, c) the school administers the entire test in one day over 4+ hours, and d) they do the math portion last.

My daughter had been using Rightstart Math prior to CLE and while she did well with it, her scores have really jumped since we made the switch. Same thing with my son. He had been using R&S Math (which I still think is an excellent program, but it moves at a slower pace) and his scores really improved when we made the switch last year. He went from maybe the 60th percentile to the 90th and he was using a CLE level below his grade level most of last year. I think he would have scored better while using R&S except that program really doesn't introduce much in the way of algebra or geometry concepts and that seems to be the norm these days.

Lisa