Menu

Is there a dvd to go with BJU Earth and Space Science (8th)?

I know 7th grade has a dvd with the experiments and such to go with it, but I thought that there was one to go with 8th grade as well. If so, I can't seem to find it. I have searched the forum, CBD, etc. with no luck.

HELP!

The 8th grade Space and Earth science is a HARD course! I actually bought the DLO class in Dec when it went on sale for $99. That might be your best option. I heard on a BJU forum that this was made at a high school level and they are going to re-write it and bring it down to a middle school level. This is a hard course!

I know 7th grade has a dvd with the experiments and such to go with it, but I thought that there was one to go with 8th grade as well. If so, I can't seem to find it. I have searched the forum, CBD, etc. with no luck.

HELP!

They are just releasing the newest edition and they do not have the Investigations DVD for this yet. I have the 3rd edition so I have the DVD with it.

http://www.bjupresshomeschool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Space%20%20%20Earth%20Science%20Investigations%20%203%20DVD%20set_10151_-1_11201_2236384

They are just releasing the newest edition and they do not have the Investigations DVD for this yet. I have the 3rd edition so I have the DVD with it.

http://www.bjupresshomeschool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Space%20%20%20Earth%20Science%20Investigations%20%203%20DVD%20set_10151_-1_11201_2236384

Yes!:hurray: The investigations DVD's are what I was searching for. I purchased the third edition a while ago and my boys have been waiting to Get to this point. They are excited to begin this study.

Yes!:hurray: The investigations DVD's are what I was searching for. I purchased the third edition a while ago and my boys have been waiting to Get to this point. They are excited to begin this study.

Glad that helped. They keep almost every edition on the website, but only the most current pops up by grade or subject. You can find older edition materials by using the search feature. I found this out by accident one time. :D

The 8th grade Space and Earth science is a HARD course! I actually bought the DLO class in Dec when it went on sale for $99. That might be your best option. I heard on a BJU forum that this was made at a high school level and they are going to re-write it and bring it down to a middle school level. This is a hard course!

Thanks for sharing that!!! I'm looking at the CBD samples, and you're right, it looks rewritten! It actually looks really, really good now. The 3rd edition was, well let's just say it was a non-starter here. But this 4th edition looks like something we could use. I've been having dd read articles in Muse magazine, just to get her to enjoy non-fiction more. This would be a nice next step from that.

Well cool, I've got science for next year!!!!!!!! :D

I know, doesn't it! I'm VERY excited. I've always loved the BJU stuff, but there was just no reconciling the problems it gave my dd at this level. And honestly I wondered if my expectations were totally unreasonable. Her IQ is FINE but she has some issues. So when someone who reads fine, wants to do it, wants to attend, finds themselves totally drifting with the text, at some point it's the text, kwim? And I borrowed the 3rd edition earth science from my SIL and just couldn't stomach it. Not enough concepts, too much isolated learning, just encyclopedic memorization. There was NO WAY that would possibly fit my dd. And the screwy thing is, my dd is kind of normal when you get her in the middle of kids, kwim? (shaking my head here)

So anyways, yes, the new edition looks 10,000 times better.