Menu

Writing With Skill Level 2-when will this come out?

I'm very sure this subject has come up, but I don't have time to go through 26 pages on the WWS thread! I can't find it on the Peace Hill Press website, either. Could anyone tell me if they know when the Level 2 WWS will be out? Trying to plan for this coming fall.

Thanks!

I am going by how things have been released in the past. I am sure SWB is hoping for a release in the late summer or autumn, but that never seems to happen. I am guessing it will be available for pre-order soon (before summer?). I am hoping a long sample will be made available for those who pre-order and the hard copy will come out in early winter/late autumn. Generally PDF versions are available earlier directly from PHP.

PHP knows that people are starting to place orders for next year. I am sure we will be getting some info sooner rather than later.

SWB was so great about giving us quite a few weeks of WWS to get started free of charge, and so I anticipate she will make it available like that again as soon as she has it. I am 'hoping' for end of the summer too though! We are nearing Week 28 and I plan to put all we have learned to practice while I am waiting!

I was just thinking recently that I'll purchase TCW to use as an in between since we may have a gap between 1 & 2. I'm not sure yet, but the thought crossed my mind. My reasoning was that last year I printed the entire pre-release PDF out, then purchased the books when they came out, only to waste a whole lot of paper. That's no fault of PHP in the least...just my own over eagerness. :)

Blessings,

Lucinda

I was just thinking recently that I'll purchase TCW to use as an in between since we may have a gap between 1 & 2. I'm not sure yet, but the thought crossed my mind. My reasoning was that last year I printed the entire pre-release PDF out, then purchased the books when they came out, only to waste a whole lot of paper. That's no fault of PHP in the least...just my own over eagerness.

What is TCW?

We started WWS Level 1 in September, but with a slow start and some supplemental work it became obvious we weren't going to finish this year. I'm going to try to get through Week 22 (just before the Literary Analysis starts). My plan had been to pick up with Week 23 in the fall and finish off Level 1 before Christmas (possibly saving the research paper for January -- I expect it will take my ds 3-4 weeks rather than 2).

Then I thought we could get started with Level 2 in January. I also want to wait for the printed books for Level 2. It ended up more expensive to get it all printed and bound compared to the final cost of the printed book.

Writing With Skill 2 is scheduled for release in May of 2013.

This sure shoots my plan, though. May I ask where this date is announced?

I believe it was anticipated that the printed books of WWS1 wouldn't be available until Jan 2012, but luckily we got them in late December of 2011. PHP had the PDFs earlier. Given that, I can see how it follows that WWS2 might not be expected in printed form until Jan 2013

One of the things that earned my complete gratitude was that PHP gave me a big enough sample to take me through until the hard copy came out. There are LOTS of publishing houses that would not do that. They would tell me if I wanted it 'early' then order the PDF.

What is TCW?

TCW = The Creative Writer, also published by PHP, but not written by SWB. Ideally, it is used as a supplement to WWS. (It is suggested that it be used on Fridays after using WWS M-Th.) Anyway, I think it could be a good option for waiting for the release of WWS2.

Just my thoughts....

Blessings,

Lucinda