Menu

Sl B+C before MFW CTG or Together

I am all over the place these days lol. I have decided we need to take a year away from MFW to let my younger daughter gain some maturity so she can then get more out of creation to the greeks with MFW. I know people say this isn't necessary, but I feel it is.

We were going to take next year and do HOD's Bigger, but I am having a hard time with the fact that it is really hard to pair any other LA with their guides other than what is recommended by them. We will be doing BJU english with my 4th grader and FLL2 with my 2nd grader ( and maybe WWE2, not sure yet). .So now I am unsure of what to use for our year off of MFW.

We already own Sonlight 1+2 (B+C) and I can't decide if it would be good to do that the year before CTG or wait and use the books with CTG as read alouds and such then. Or to just go ahead with HOD's bigger and tweak the LA to fit us better.

Keep in mind we will be returning back to MFW so what do you think would work better? Or is there something else we should do in our off year?

Please help, I am so tired of trying to decide .

hmm...

just looking online at SL B&C... If you plan to use MFW's CTG, it seems more suited to use SL B&C together with MFW as readers/read alouds instead of before it.

you know your child of course.... is it just the Homer book that she needs more time to get older for CTG to fit? I'm guessing you've discussed it on other threads. but I'm wondering if any helps to tweak for CTG with the younger 4th grader would be helpful to hear? if it's been discussed and isn't helpful.. please excuse me ahead of time :) or if it is Streams of Civ - that's quick tweak. ignore the "advanced" assignments from it and realize the other sections are read in small bites in conversational style.

-crystal

Oops, sorry for the already repeat!

:) yeah we did it last year and are on ECC this year.

Crystal, it isn't any particular book. Doing ECC she is understanding everything BUT i think she would be etting more from it if she was older. sorry for the no caps typing one handed and laying down trying to keep contrations way. :/