Menu

Can anyone recommend a good acoustic guitar

I'm no expert and am a beginner myself, but I've been very happy with my Daisy Rock Acoustic-Electric Guitar. It is lighter and has a narrower neck than many guitars that makes it easier for girls/women to play. Plus it comes in purple :D. I'll admit this was a major selling point for me. Daisy Rock also has just acoustic guitars that are less expensive.

This was my dd's first guitar:

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Full-Nylon-String-Classical-Guitar/dp/B00004UE2D/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332031434&sr=8-1

ETA:

My dd got it used from another hser and paid for it herself. She got the guitar and the case for $60 altogether.

She bought the guitar, so I got her lessons.

This summer (after playing guitar for two years), she wanted to upgrade to a better guitar. We shopped around all summer and the day she had decided to give up and buy a Taylor 110 new, a Taylor 414 came in to Guitar Center used for less than half of the new cost. We went in halves on the guitar, so she paid half and so did we.

Edited by AngieW in Texas

I bought my dh a Yamaha FG730S for Christmas this past year. It was about $300 and it has an amazing sound, very full and rich. I did a *lot* of research and this one kept coming to the top for this price point. I was told by two different guitar stores that this Yamaha is comparable quality to other guitars in the $700-$800 range.

Lana

All of these posts are making me feel like a cheapskate!

My small-for-her age 14yo dd got this guitar to start lessons:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/rogue-starter-acoustic-guitar

It is a great starter guitar. The sound is good. The size is right and the price was perfect. She loves the blue color. If she decides she wants to continue on the guitar we might let her use one of the other guitars in the house (there are five but two are electric.) Some of the regular guitars are just too awkward for her to play with her small hands.

Amber in SJ