Menu

What time does dd really need to be there for SAT?

The admission ticket says to arrive by 7:45am. Is 7:45 the deadline? Or is 8:00 the deadline, and they are already building in a cushion of time? What is the latest one can be there and still get in? I don't want to get there at 7:30 if I don't need to be there that early . . .

Thank you!

At our school, if they say 7:45, that is the time they open the doors. So if you get there earlier, you'll just be sitting in your car or standing in line waiting for the doors to open. I try to get there at 7:45 on the nose.

Thank you! I was also able to contact the College Board, and this is what they told me too.

This is my first child's first SAT, and I don't want to mess this up.:D

Be ready for the possibility of them being quite behind schedule. I don't know if every place is like that, but we are dc#2 and its like that here. And, they sure are hungry (and cranky) when they get let out almost an hour late....

Haha, I was thinking you were going to say they were this way at 7:45.:lol:

Be ready for the possibility of them being quite behind schedule. I don't know if every place is like that, but we are dc#2 and its like that here. And, they sure are hungry (and cranky) when they get let out almost an hour late....

Yes, I agree with the likelihood that the test will run late. It's a good idea to have your child put a granola bar in his/her pocket (not backpack) as he/she might have an opportunity to eat it during a quick break.

Regards,

Kareni

Excellent advice. I think it applies to AP exams, too. We waited more than an hour past the stated end time of the exam to pick up our son. There was only one other parent waiting (most of the kids walked or drove themselves), and she eventually came over to us to confirm that we were in the right place.

And I have to admit, I found it really amusing to watch them all emerge into the sunlight, squinting and staggering slightly. That was one dazed pack of teens.