Menu

OPGTR- line slider?

aly9712

My middle daughter is going through the book but often gets confused with above or below the sentence lines. Has anyone bought or made some type of "slider" that can be used with the sentences to block out the surrounding words?

Thanks,

Aly.

When my daughter had trouble with some of the longer stories I would fold a piece of paper and uncover each sentence as she read. It only took her a little bit to get it on her own.

I also had to do that when they would break up words into syllables. She liked to try to read the real word first and only wanted to see the syllables if she struggled with it.

I made my own with a piece of cardstock. I made a rectangular window in the middle of a piece of about 4"by5" cardstock. It worked great.

However, I found out real quick that if I use a white board and write the sentences on the white board, one at a time, it was much easier for my dd to read. We are half way through the book and we are still doing it this way.