Menu

Tornado prayer request: Marysville and Henryville IN

Towns pretty much destroyed, at least 7 dead, people missing. Shades of Joplin.

Indystar article

My sons were packed and ready to go with CAP to help but just got word from their squadron commander that nobody under the age of 17 is allowed to do this mission, no matter how qualified, because of sights that are too disturbing for minors.

But the children of Henryville and Marysville are seeing it, and living it. :(

The Red Cross is taking donations. Info on that can be found in this article from the Courier-Journal , a Louisville-area paper. The number for the Red Cross for this situation is (812) 283-8416.

Those pictures are SO sad. Reminiscent of my sister's place last year. My heart aches.

Tibbie - are you in the area? Is there anything that we can do?

No, I'm up near Indy, and itching to do something, too. We had the adrenaline pumping to go with CAP and now we're not. I haven't heard yet from people I know in the area, but they're in Pekin which wasn't hit so they're probably helping. I know a shelter has been set up in Pekin's fire department.

Our governor, Mitch Daniels, said on the news that there'll be more info on how people can help tomorrow, and Homeland Security and some other groups are on the way.

No, I'm up near Indy, and itching to do something, too. We had the adrenaline pumping to go with CAP and now we're not. I haven't heard yet from people I know in the area, but they're in Pekin which wasn't hit so they're probably helping. I know a shelter has been set up in Pekin's fire department.

Our governor, Mitch Daniels, said on the news that there'll be more info on how people can help tomorrow, and Homeland Security and some other groups are on the way.

My sister's neighborhood lost 30 houses last year to tornadoes. They lost nothing (well, a couple shingles). They were able to go out and put together a bunch of brown bag lunches to distribute. People were SOOOO grateful. Can you get close enough to the damage to do that?