Menu

foreclosure update.....

We finally got the letter in the mail today that says how much we need to get our home our of foreclosure. It says $4733 to get it out of foreclosure, but I strongly suspect that will have an added $726 added onto that.

We have about half so far - it's coming down to selling our bus. I've tried everything - craigslist, newspaper ad, local home school lists - nothing. I've had a lot of interest, but no buyers. I'm asking less than half what I paid for it, not even counting the work I've had done to it.

Any ideas for how to get this bus sold? It's a 1998 commercial handicapped bus with lift, low millage, okay condition except for a dead battery. Is there a trick to selling it that I'm missing?

No advice but wanted to offer prayers and positive thoughts; we're in a bit different situation but are in foreclosure (though, we've given up and are letting them foreclose) and can sympathize with the fear and stress you must be going through. I'm sorry for the rough time you're facing and hope your bus sells!

We finally got the letter in the mail today that says how much we need to get our home our of foreclosure. It says $4733 to get it out of foreclosure, but I strongly suspect that will have an added $726 added onto that.

We have about half so far - it's coming down to selling our bus. I've tried everything - craigslist, newspaper ad, local home school lists - nothing. I've had a lot of interest, but no buyers. I'm asking less than half what I paid for it, not even counting the work I've had done to it.

Any ideas for how to get this bus sold? It's a 1998 commercial handicapped bus with lift, low millage, okay condition except for a dead battery. Is there a trick to selling it that I'm missing?

Do you have any Amish or Mennonite communities near you. They have times where they are looking for such for families with a handicapped member (yes, they are allowed to have such in these circumstances in many communities).

Replace the battery. I know they are expensive, but people hesitate to buy it because they think something else could be wrong. We had a car for sale that was perfect and no one would buy it because the battery had to be jumped to start the car. We replaced the battery and it sold within a few days and still had several people seriously interested.

Replace the battery. I know they are expensive, but people hesitate to buy it because they think something else could be wrong. We had a car for sale that was perfect and no one would buy it because the battery had to be jumped to start the car. We replaced the battery and it sold within a few days and still had several people seriously interested.

:iagree:People can't hear the transmission or other things if it won't start. I would consider it suspect if you weren't at least willing to put a battery in.

Replace the battery. I wouldn't buy a vehicle I couldn't start unless I had money to throw away. There may be nothing wrong with it at all, but there are so many unscrupulous people in the world that I'd be very wary.