Menu

Is there any way to record stuff you have saved on your dvr so that you can . . .

I don't know how helpful this will be, but I was able to several years ago for my hubby who was in Afghanistan. But at the time, we had a DVD player and recorder. It was tricky, but I had figured out how to record the shows while I was watching. Some of his shows I didn't watch, so on those occasions, I had to turn the volume down and do something else. It was incredibly time-consuming, but it worked for sending him tv shows to watch.

Like I said, this may not be very helpful in your situation. Maybe someone else has a better idea?

But at the time, we had a DVD player and recorder. It was tricky, but I had figured out how to record the shows while I was watching. Some of his shows I didn't watch, so on those occasions, I had to turn the volume down and do something else. It was incredibly time-consuming

This is the only way I could get it to work, also. While playing the DVR shows, I could record them to a DVD. Yep, incredibly time consuming and a big hassle.

Could you just move the pvr to your bedroom once in a while? The kids don't need it to play their video game systems...

That was my idea but hubby said it would be hard because the entire cable/internet system is routed through the cable box which has the dvr. It would require rewiring everything. I think I will just have to stake out the loft once in awhile maybe when hubby has classes because I am the only one that watches the shows that are recorded.

That was my idea but hubby said it would be hard because the entire cable/internet system is routed through the cable box which has the dvr. It would require rewiring everything. I think I will just have to stake out the loft once in awhile maybe when hubby has classes because I am the only one that watches the shows that are recorded.

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted... Hope you work something out! Could you ask your cable company about the cost of a second unit? We have a unit in our bedroom that does not record, but can play episodes we have recorded on our main PVR...

Heather