Menu

Got my wallpaper hung!

It was hard to match up the print & cut corners without tearing, but it wasn't too bad. I think if I was papering larger sections, it would be a lot harder. It would be difficult to keep the big sheets wet and keep them from sliding out of place while trying to work out air pockets & wrinkles.

But, yes, I would do it again if there was a pattern I liked as much as this one!

:)

I love it!

I was looking online at a house that had something 'similar' -- it was a large birdcage pattern -- black and white -- they had done the top part of the dining room.

Yours reminds me of it -- so cool!:001_smile:

OK -- here is the link to the room I was thinking of: http://franklymls.com/AR7769970 I like yours better, but the large patterns look fabulous in both rooms!

Edited by MariannNOVA

Ha! Corners! We've done both the cut-in and keep going method. In our current house, it is very square, so we can just go round the bend without stopping (we being my dh! LOL).

You know what almost killed us in this house? 9 ft. ceilings. That extra foot on the wall was really hard for us. Also, it ate up the paper at an alarming rate! (Lot of waste).

I'm glad you had such a good first experience. My Mom said to me, before my dh and I did our first room together, "Shake hands before you start. Shake hands when you are done." :D I didn't want to tell you that up front and discourage you. From your results, I'd say you are a natural and not in need of my Mom's advice!

Ha! Corners! We've done both the cut-in and keep going method. In our current house, it is very square, so we can just go round the bend without stopping (we being my dh! LOL).

You know what almost killed us in this house? 9 ft. ceilings. That extra foot on the wall was really hard for us. Also, it ate up the paper at an alarming rate! (Lot of waste).

I'm glad you had such a good first experience. My Mom said to me, before my dh and I did our first room together, "Shake hands before you start. Shake hands when you are done." :D I didn't want to tell you that up front and discourage you. From your results, I'd say you are a natural and not in need of my Mom's advice!

The universal wallpapering experience!;)