Menu

DIVE Science Question

I am planning on using Science Shepherd Biology for my son next year. I already have the textbook and a couple of the other sources. I am considering using it with DIVE. Can you answer a couple of questions for me about DIVE?

1. Has anyone used DIVE with SS? Or, with other text sources rather than Apologia?

2. Do you need to purchase the lab kit? Have your student's done the labs or just watched them on DIVE?

3. Have your students liked DIVE? Been able to do mostly independently? I can actually help with Bio - just curious...

Thanks so much for any feedback!!! :001_smile:

1. We have used DIVE with BJU Bio and BJU Chemistry so far. It is designed to go very well with BJU.

2. We do the labs, because I feel like that is necessary for high school credit. I have skipped one or two that would be very expensive each year. We just watched those, and we did some others instead.

3. My dc love it. They also love Video Text Interactive math for the same reason; they love to learn from someone who is passionate about a subject.

I am planning on using Science Shepherd Biology for my son next year. I already have the textbook and a couple of the other sources. I am considering using it with DIVE. Can you answer a couple of questions for me about DIVE?

1. Has anyone used DIVE with SS? Or, with other text sources rather than Apologia?

We used it this year with Singapore's Biology Matters. Looking at next year's chemistry program, I think I'll have to do something different as the topics don't seem as easy to line up.

2. Do you need to purchase the lab kit? Have your student's done the labs or just watched them on DIVE?

Yes, but this is the main reason I bought DIVE, I had run out of time to plan experiments to go with the text I had and I wanted a quick, down, etc way to add in science experiments.

3. Have your students liked DIVE? Been able to do mostly independently? I can actually help with Bio - just curious...

Thanks so much for any feedback!!! :001_smile:

My oldest seems to like it.

I am planning on using Science Shepherd Biology for my son next year. I already have the textbook and a couple of the other sources. I am considering using it with DIVE.

I'm curious why you would want to use DIVE with it, since it has its own video labs which already correlate with the book?

Thanks everyone! I'm thinking about doing DIVE as the main thing because there are lectures/explanations as well. SS just has the Lab DVD. But, I think I could probably handle helping on this subject - so I might just do the SS. Just exploring the options!