Menu

Don't Fall Over When You Read This.......but this morning:

I cooked Breakfast Risotto -- for, well, breakfast.

Excellent Recipe -- I will share if you like.

DH even ate it. But the really big thing is that I got up at 7:30am and cooked!

We have embarked (with dinner last night) on 30 days of Vegan Meals.

Dh was speaking to a friend of ours last week and we decided to do this.

That is all.:)

I cooked Breakfast Risotto -- for, well, breakfast.

Excellent Recipe -- I will share if you like.

DH even ate it. But the really big thing is that I got up at 7:30am and cooked!

We have embarked (with dinner last night) on 30 days of Vegan Meals.

Dh was speaking to a friend of ours last week and we decided to do this.

That is all.:)

Do you have links to recipes? This is my first lent as orthodox, so I am trying to gather all the ideas I can!!!!:-D

Attributing thought to an inanimate object is a sign of House Selleritis, ya know...

Yes, I am considering going through a 12 step program to 'separate' from the AGA.

Yesterday, I purchased two pretty dish towels that will not be used AT ALL and I folded and draped them over two of the three oven handles.

See how well I am doing.

NOT.:svengo:

DH is taking a photo so you can see that I am not making this up.

If these are in the photo, the grey LC is the risotto -- the blue stock pot is simply my big score at HomeGoods yesterday.

I'm waiting for the photo --

post-10544-13535086282616_thumb.jpg

Edited by MariannNOVA

Do you have links to recipes? This is my first lent as orthodox, so I am trying to gather all the ideas I can!!!!:-D

I used a recipe from a book I purchased at Wegman's -- here is the info and the recipe:

THE GLUTEN FREE VEGAN

SUSAN O'BRIEN, AUTHOR OF GLUTEN FREE, SUGAR FREE COOKING

DE CAPO PRESS -- LIFELONG BOOKS

Edited by MariannNOVA

Yes, I am considering going through a 12 step program to 'separate' from the AGA.

Yesterday, I purchased two pretty dish towels that will not be used AT ALL and I folded and draped them over two of the three oven handles.

See how well I am doing.

NOT.:svengo:

DH is taking a photo so you can see that I am not making this up.

If these are in the photo, the grey LC is the risotto -- the blue stock pot is simply my big score at HomeGoods yesterday.

I'm waiting for the photo --

Is it wrong I have the urge to straighten the towels a smidge? :confused:

I need a copy of that cookbook before MIL visits. I have to fight w/her NOT to make gluten in my kitchen...she gets so offended when I refuse to eat it..."Just try it...take a bite..."

First, her gluten is GREY. Grey is NOT a happy, edible colour. I throw things out if they're grey.

Second...which part of gluten intolerance is hard to understand? :glare:

Is it wrong I have the urge to straighten the towels a smidge? :confused:

I need a copy of that cookbook before MIL visits. I have to fight w/her NOT to make gluten in my kitchen...she gets so offended when I refuse to eat it..."Just try it...take a bite..."

First, her gluten is GREY. Grey is NOT a happy, edible colour. I throw things out if they're grey.

Second...which part of gluten intolerance is hard to understand? :glare:

in red: no, not wrong. I have the same urge. I am not going to straighten them till I get the kitchen cleaned from breakfast. Do you know that I didn't own a 'spoon rest' till I was 40+? WHY would anyone leave a dirty spoon out for all to see?:001_huh:

Look at the thread where I give simka the recipe -- the book info is there -- it's not the greatest book, BUT it got me through our first breakfast with a keeper of a recipe. I will spend time tomorrow at barnes and noble (I'm sure they are wondering where I have been) going through books as I don't want to buy but one or two that are really useful.

New saying in our house: "It's not just a meal, it's an adventure.'

Last night we had artichoke and olive ravioli (they were fabulous), a light vodka blush sauce, and steamed asparagus.

in red: no, not wrong. I have the same urge. I am not going to straighten them till I get the kitchen cleaned from breakfast. Do you know that I didn't own a 'spoon rest' till I was 40+? WHY would anyone leave a dirty spoon out for all to see?:001_huh:

Look at the thread where I give simka the recipe -- the book info is there -- it's not the greatest book, BUT it got me through our first breakfast with a keeper of a recipe. I will spend time tomorrow at barnes and noble (I'm sure they are wondering where I have been) going through books as I don't want to buy but one or two that are really useful.

New saying in our house: "It's not just a meal, it's an adventure.'

Last night we had artichoke and olive ravioli (they were fabulous), a light vodka blush sauce, and steamed asparagus.

Vodka! *gasp* MIL wouldn't eat it. Alcohol is a no no, yanno.

I don't own a spoon rest either. I just realized I should though...be handy when cooking...and for my coffee spoon :tongue_smilie: