Menu

Am I the last person on the planet to know...

There's an index card app for the iPad, and it's like the index card feature that is so awesome on Scrivener!!! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/index-card/id389358786?mt=8

Now we all NEED the iPad 3, right? :D

PS. You can sync Scrivener and the iPad index cards.

Very cool! I think we might be getting closer & closer to getting an IPad for my son to use at school. It seems sooooo silly to be buying him yet another device. After all, the kid owns a pretty high powered laptop (but it's big & heavy), an even higher powered desktop that he & his dad built, and an I-Pod Touch. Really, can he possibly NEED yet another device? :tongue_smilie:

But, convenience of size & function (including assistive technology apps) for use at school is rapidly becoming a key factor. He carries his big laptop with him some days, but he also has to carry all of his books & binders, too. I'm trying to position us to eventually get digital versions of his textbooks but so far have been unsuccessful in getting him a 504 plan & I don't want to purchase them outright- the school covers the cost of print textbooks for all students.

And, yes, my son is a techie-as is his dad, who actually designs circuits for hard drives. He is headed towards a computer-something field so I don't feel so bad about him having the devices he already has.

Check your "bonus" clubs, too-we discovered that, due to never actually doing anything with the bonus points on our credit card, we're very, very close to being able to get an iPad with them, without having to pay anything out of pocket :). By the time I buy curriculum materials for next year, pay for our upcoming Legoland trip, and pay for a few months of DD's gymnastics, we should be there, in time for school next fall :).

I'm really excited!