Menu

Do you own a cricut?

I am getting my taxes back soon and I am wanting to purchase 1 fun item that I wouldn't normally be able to buy. I like the idea of a Cricut for school and for just fun.

Do you own own one?

How often do you use it?dr

Are you happy with it?

Which one did you buy? I am thinking about the Expressions one.

Do you find it hard to keep buying supplies for it?

Any recommendations on the best place to buy?

Has anyone ever ordered from the Tv shows, like QVC? Sometimes they seem to offer good packages.

'

Edited by fourcatmom

I've had mine for three years and love it. But... I bought it because I scrapbook. I have used it for school, but only for preschool type things (we made a chicka chicka boom boom tree with the lettters). I have also used it to makes lots of birthday party invites and decorations and holiday decor for our home.

I have an expression and have learned to never pay full price for cartridges.

I get mine off of ebay, a few internet stores, or wait for Black Friday when there are tons of sale. QVC is a good place to buy a bundle from when they are offering flex pay and free shipping. You can get an exteneded warrenty through them ans also have 30 days to play with it and return it of you don't like it (I did that with a Gypsy through them).

I am very happy with it. My DH actually surprised me with an Imagine (the one that prints and cuts) for Christmas, but we took it back. It was way more machine then I needed and didn't want to have to worry about buying ink for it all the time. The mats are not to expensive to replace at Walmart, but you can also just clean them with baby wipes if they get too dirty and respray with repositionable spray adhesive.

If you have any other questions, just ask. (I was actually hired to demo Cricuts at Michales, but they stopped the demos the week I started training)

Yes. I love my Cricut. Do a search for Cricut on here, and you will see posts and links to what other moms have used theirs for.

I mostly use it for scrapbooking, card making and other paper crafting. Here are some of the things I made with it to sell at craft fairs this fall.

Here are the magnets I made for our school calendar this year.

ETA: The only thing that I don't like is that the mats don't stay sticky long enough when you use them as much as I do! I bought mine at JoAnn's when it was on sales. I have the Expression.

Also, I have the Gypsy as well. Makes life much easier! I also never buy the cartridges at full price. JoAnn often has clearance ones, or sometimes they are on sale for $29.99. That's when I buy them.

Edited by thescrappyhomeschooler

I have the Expression ... Love it! I got mine from overstock.com. Glad I got the Hello Kitty cartridge before the prices went nuts! (one on eBay sold for $175 recently!)

It's really a cool machine!

Re the mats - I buy the 12x24 ones and cut in half ... Cheaper that way :). Also I reglue mine to get a little extra life but I don't get to involved (like some of theyoutube videos). I just coat mine with a wide Zig pen and let dry.

Edited by javafinch

Yes. I love my Cricut. Do a search for Cricut on here, and you will see posts and links to what other moms have used theirs for.

I mostly use it for scrapbooking, card making and other paper crafting. Here are some of the things I made with it to sell at craft fairs this fall.

Here are the magnets I made for our school calendar this year.

ETA: The only thing that I don't like is that the mats don't stay sticky long enough when you use them as much as I do! I bought mine at JoAnn's when it was on sales. I have the Expression.

Also, I have the Gypsy as well. Makes life much easier! I also never buy the cartridges at full price. JoAnn often has clearance ones, or sometimes they are on sale for $29.99. That's when I buy them.

Your crafts are amazing!! You are very talented!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Cricut Expressions 24 inch with a mat and brand new in the box. We opened the box, read the directions and that is as far as we got with it. I bought it for my older daughter last summer and she has no interest in it. I have listed it on Craigslist and only got spammers. Like you said, the shipping would be a lot so I never bothered with Ebay.

I'd like to sell it for $200. I'm in South Carolina, in the Midlands area if there is anyone interested and can pick it up.

I have the cricut expression and I love it! I do scrapbooking but I also make a lot of cards. I used it for pre-k stuff, as well. I wish I could think of things to use it for school now, dd is in K and I *want* to use it for educational stuff but I just don't ever have any ideas. I do use it for making little posters and stuff to hang in our school area but I'd like to be able to use it for educational materials for her, you know?

Anyway, I love mine. I use it at least once a week and I don't find it hard at all to buy supplies for it. Sometimes Amazon has really good deals for supplies (for the blades and mats) I just put them in my cart and watch the price!