Menu

Happy Dance: Tutors

After encouragement from these boards I found a native German tutor. We met together yesterday for the first time.

It was Wonderful! She had the most beautiful speaking voice. We had a blast. My dd and I had both written 2-3 page papers and emailed them to the tutor ahead of time. She returned them and explained her corrections (her many, many corrections) and then we spent the rest of the time discussing books and odds and ends. I feel like I learned more in the 1 1/2 hours with her than I have in the last month of written exercises done on my own.

It was especially fun for dd and I to be learning together. Unfortunately we can only afford twice a month but the tutor told us to send her a paper to grade each week. The accountability/embarrassment factor will be wonderful for me.

I love being the student again. So fun.

After encouragement from these boards I found a native German tutor. We met together yesterday for the first time.

It was Wonderful! She had the most beautiful speaking voice. We had a blast.

... The accountability/embarrassment factor will be wonderful for me.

I love being the student again. So fun.

Prima! Yes, German spoken by a native speaker is quite lovely -- and quite different from the way we can't help butchering it :001_smile:. Good job! and thanks for the update. I would like to be the student also ... I may have to look for a German tutor for my son and me, soon! :D