Menu

Today is...

It's okay. You know what I did today? I went to Fashion Bug and bought new jeans (Hey, I just lost 30 lbs, my old ones were falling off) while my husband stayed with the kids (he doesn't go to work til 1).

While I was there, I decided to go into Boscovs and let the lady at the Lancome counter play with makeup. I wanted to find a lipstick that was a subtle shade, but a good shade for me. But I let her play with other makeup while I was there anyway.

We hadn't done any school prior to that because we'd been doing breakfast, morning chores, getting ready for the day, I was showering, and stuff like that.

By the time I got home, it was time for lunch.

Then I took the kids to the park for a couple of hours with another mom in my homeschool group and her kids because it was like 50 degrees out today and it was too nice to sit in the house.

And by the time we got home it was like 3:00 and I told the kids to do whatever they wanted, we were taking off today. And I sat at my computer while they did whatever they were doing lol. So don't feel bad. :D

I guess I should go figure out dinner or something halfway productive now though.

I have suspected dd was getting "sick"...she's just not been herself--very tired, not wanting to both with bath/shower before bed and just hanging out on the couch not wanting to play much and when she does it's half-hearted. Took her temp this afternoon 100.9.

Hi, I'm desertmum, and I am a lazy mum (today).

Yes, last time I stayed up as dh has a bad cold and coughed through the night. Fell asleep on the sofa this morning so around 10am, after breakfast, we went to the stationary shop to have LCC (1st ed) and Elemental Science (Teracher and Student) printed and spiral bound. Then ds said we should get some yarn to make a knitted teddy bear for my niece as she is having a baby. I thought, well, selecting the right yarn and stuffing for a teddy bear is a bit like an arts and craft class, right?

After that caught a taxi and making luch. Oops. That's my morning gone.

Long ramble to say :iagree: We all have lazy 'teacher in service' days. I used to beat myself up over this but now I just shrug and make up for the lost work either later on that day, or later on the week.