Menu

Looking for an elem. math program similar to Saxon...

Sue G in PA

but less teacher-intensive. I like Saxon (after many months of grumbling over it, I have come to appreciate it!). But, I don't think I"m able to do it justice w/ my youngers. Dd6 is doing Saxon 1 and I really like it, but we skip so much of the meeting part b/c it takes him so long to do the worksheets. I'm thinking I might need a program similar to SAxon in its approach (lots of topics covered in each lesson) but less teacher-intensive. I think ds6 is having so much trouble b/c we don't go over all the stuff in the meeting (skip counting, counting, money, calendar, etc.). Don't get me wrong, we do go over that stuff, just not as in depth as Saxon says. KWIM? I'd like to go back to Saxon for him in 4th so I don't want to drastic of a change. Any suggestions?

It is very much like Saxon in its incremental lessons and spiraling. Reviews different topics in every lesson. But nowhere near the amount of teacher prep and involvment that Saxon has.

http://www.excelmath.com is the website. You can see samples of each grade level, and order a sample package.

My DS needs only one topic at a time, otherwise I'd be using Excel. Also love the fact that each daily lesson is a single sheet of paper, no textbook or need to copy problems.

Michelle T