Menu

Current Affairs

Xilka

http://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/

There's also the Learning Network of the new york times. I haven't done anything like this with my son yet because he doesn't seem ready for it. I think the "right" age all depends on maturity etc. I'd wait until the "logic stage" until I started really going into depth on any of these subjects and keep it in the realm of conversation at the younger ages.

I started this year with my 6th and 4th graders. We begin our day by watching CNN Student News online together. For my son, I ordered Upfront news magazine from Scholastic and he reads to me whenever we're in the car together and then we discuss the articles. I've really enjoyed doing this with him.

Lisa

Edited by LisaTheresa

We are in our 2nd year of subscribing to World magazine, for our 6th and 8th graders and us. We have younger children and discuss many topics, sometimes too many so we have to be careful. We watch the local news 1-2 times a week and share stories we hear that are age appropriate or change the wording for younger ones.