Menu

S/O Netflix-so what are all our other options for rental dvds?

Besides Redbox-we don't need the latest movies and mostly don't like them. We had Netflix and when it split we just went with streaming-didn't get enough dvds to make it worth it.

We might occasionally want to rent dvds-maybe a couple times a month-to watch a movie on TV (not streaming).

For instance, we'd like to get some movies like "Courageous" or "Adventures of TinTin" or "The Help" or "The Muppets" or "War Horse" when they come out on dvd. It would be a really long wait at the library.

It is not even that often that we like most movies that are out, but sometimes we get a few we'd like to see like the above-listed. I guess maybe we'd just use Redbox for those? Or are there other options for just getting a movie on dvd from time to time? (including older ones)

I'm even wondering about going back to Netflix-it might be worth it even for one movie a month, just for the convenience.

We do not have cable... network t.v. is splotchy at best. We never watch it.

So for us, Netflix is our main source of media... I catch what little t.v. shows I do watch. If its not on hulu I wait for it to come out on netflix.

I love Netflix and haven't had any big issues. We stream and have 3 at a time plan.

I'm even wondering about going back to Netflix-it might be worth it even for one movie a month, just for the convenience.

You could just wait til several of the ones you want to see are out, and then subscribe for a month or two, then put your acct on hold for several months, then unhold it and rent some more movies. That way you're not paying for it all the time, but can still get movies.

At Netflix, it is only $7.99 + $7.99 for streaming and one dvd out at a time (no limits on number of rentals during a month). That's less than $16 a month. Seems cheaper to me than any of the other video rental options.

I do the streaming + dvd option because many of the educational and new movies are dvd only. We've been happy with it.

At Netflix, it is only $7.99 + $7.99 for streaming and one dvd out at a time (no limits on number of rentals during a month). That's less than $16 a month. Seems cheaper to me than any of the other video rental options.

That's kind of what I'm thinking also. (Happy bday, Daisy! :))

I also like the idea of putting it on hold every couple of months-good idea! Because before this latest rash of dvds we want to see, there was NOTHING for months that we would even have wanted the dvd portion for.

What is the deal w/ Amazon's dvds?