Menu

End of WWE 3: what if not ready for 4?

kalanamak

What do you do at the end of a level of WWE if your child doesn't "pass" the exam? We are just finishing up WWE 3, and although kiddo has certainly improved steadily, he isn't ready to do either task without some significant prompting. He passed WWE 2 just fine, and the bump up to three was still a challenge.

More level 3 work?

Move to 4 anyway?

A different book?

Start back at the beginning (I don't think he'd remember the narrations he did, even if he did recognize the book)? He might feel a little demoralized if we started over again.

If you think more level 3 work, what books to you advise I look for passages in? More of the books that were used in level 3?

We just took a few weeks off of WWE 3. We are 3/4 of the way through. I am making sure he reads the material first and has a better grasp and some familiarity of the story. I have not done that up until now. Hoping that will help him. This will slow us down considerably, which is fine. I am in no rush to begin WWE 4. And, I really don't want to create my own stuff for him. But, I would be sure to use books that he is very familiar with.

I am in no rush to begin WWE 4. And, I really don't want to create my own stuff for him. But, I would be sure to use books that he is very familiar with.

I like to do 18 sessions of 15 minutes of writing per month. If I "slow down" WWE, whatever to use? I was considering Editor in Chief plus writing some letters (which we have been increasing recently.) Other ideas?

Bump!

I have drooled over Bravewriter. It is an in depth look at one single book over something like a months time. I have also been eyeing Memoria Press' literature guides. One could easily use the questions from the guides and choose copywork from the text.

That's about as far as any suggestions I have. I hope others reply. Good luck!

How about using passages from SOTW, since you or he is already reading that, and then whatever books you all are reading for literature and science?

For dictations you could go back and use the pattern from the workbook. I've been doing my own dictations from our reading for a while now, and I use the pattern from The Complete Writer book for length and grammar, mechanics.

We took a break about three-fourths of the way through WWE 3 because it was beginning to get a little frustrating for my daughter. We then did WT 1, which she thoroughly enjoyed before returning to finish up WWE. At that point, she was able to complete it with ease.:001_smile:

I would have liked to have continued right on to WWE 4, but dd enjoyed WT so much, we're doing WT 2. Once we're done with WT 2, I plan to do the WWE 4 exercises from the text only (since I can get that from the library) as a refresher and then move on to WWS.

Lisa

Switch gears. Different program.

What are your short term/long term goals for him? :)

My short term goal is to be ready for WWE4 by 1 August.

My long term goal is for him to be able to express himself clearly and correctly on any matter he would like to communicate about. Anything above that (like a killer letter-writer) is gravy.

WT is Writing Tales?