Menu

Funnix Reading Will Be Available For Free in February

eloquacious

As I've stated before, we use this program merely for the "readers," aka the Story Time activity, but even so it's over 200 free "readers" in increasing difficulty. Once you get to Funnix 2, which we are about to do, the first reading of the story is done on paper (or on an eReader if you want to read your .pdf there).

http://funnix.com/readingannouncement.htm

After that free download, the price will increase again, so get it while you can! I was kicking myself for missing the last free download because we had just moved, and then wound up paying $25 for it.

Thanks! I got if (free) last year, but the old version isn't compatible with OS X Lion. THe new one is supposed to be, so this will be like a free "upgrade" -- and I can finally upgrade the OS on the older Mac the kiddos use (I kept it using snow Leopard because of a few apps like this). :lol:

Yes, my math download may be somewhere on my backup drive, but until my new hard drive comes in, I can't look into it.

I can't say enough how much my son loves the Story Time reading activities. They involve animals and kids, though mostly animals. The whole interface could use some SERIOUS updating, with better navigation, etc. Better yet, make it an iPad app! All that being said, there's a link here

http://www.funnix.com/funnix2006/PDFs/pdf_funnix_appendix/AppendixG.pdf

which shows you exactly which exercises are the story activities, if you want to navigate to them more easily.

I love this program! We didn't use it all the way through, but it really helped us make the jump into reading. We stopped once my daughter progressed past the most difficult passages. I'm waiting for my next child to gain the fine motor skills for the writing sections. I really like that they cover lowercase letters first.

I just spoke with a representative at Funnix about the upcoming download. It is, in fact, an upgraded version that is compatible with the new Mac operating system (Lion). This is fantastic news for me, and perhaps for some of you, as well. Incidentally, the math program has now been upgraded as well, and will run on Lion, but they are not at present planning to offer a free download of that program.