Menu

Getting back into school....

chepyl

We have had 6 weeks off from school. I am 11 weeks pg and feeling miserable. Yesterday, DS did two math lessons, today we skipped some review and did 2 more math lessons plus a grammar lesson....we also played Monopoly last night as a family, 5 rounds of mancala and two rounds of Candyland. He has done multiple reading tests on my iPod. We need to get back into spelling, history and science.

History is SOTW on CD. Science can be finished in 5 weeks. We have 5 or 6 spelling lists left. I may just stick with these two only for a couple of weeks until I am feeling better.

Sounds like a good plan. We took off most of December. The first week back, we did 2 math lessons per day (it was an easy topic) and a bit of spelling dictation on the white board. Second week back, we got everything else in. Third week, we get hit with the stomach plague, and I'm just calling this week a wash. :tongue_smilie:

Do what works. This is a short season of your life that passes all too quickly. I know I felt terrible while pregnant with my daughter. It seemed I could barely get through the day. I would spend time doing what I could. Spend time reading on the couch together. Have your little one teach you a lesson in math or retell their favorite stories to you or read to you if they are reading. This would make them feel special and give you a time to rest.

Feeling the same way. We moved, then we moved again and I'm afraid to unpack everything because we'll be moving again. I secretly pray that it won't be til summer tho because it is so disruptive, obviously, but hard to get back into the "full" swing. We've been doing our basic Language Arts for weeks but are just getting going again with our Math and History unit.