Menu

What are your favorite food blogs that specialize in tasty-yet-healthy crock pot cook

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

This blog is wonderful! She has also written cookbooks,after the blog took off, but unlike other blogs I've seen, any recipes that went into her cookbook are still on her blog.

I've made several of her recipes, and every single one has been delicious. She also cooks gluten free for one or two of her kiddoes, but then she shares what you could use if you weren't gluten free. (But really, there's not much difference.) She doesn't post as much as she did when she did the challenge a few years ago of using the crockpot every single day, but she literally has an archives of several hundred recipes.

:bigear: Just bought a new crockpot with Christmas money. I see from a previous thread that the Fix It and Forget It crockpot book didn't get a lot of great reviews. I would love to find some healthy AND delicious recipes, so I am all ears too!

Agreed about that cookbook. I was so excited to get it... blech.

If you're looking for great crockpot cookbooks, the "Not Your Mother's" series by Beth Hensperger is excellent. I particularly like http://www.amazon.com/Your-Mothers-Cooker-Family-Favorites/dp/1558324097/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1326550901&sr=8-3. I had that from the library for a month or two and made at least one recipe a week. All keepers, and my only critique was that some of them needed salt.

I have tried a lot of books that were horrible. It can be disappointing. Concerning books, I'm going to second the Not Your Mother's series for slow cooking.

As for blogs, I have a lot of yummy ones on my sites. They aren't categorized "slow cooker" though I should/will go do that.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

This blog is wonderful! She has also written cookbooks,after the blog took off, but unlike other blogs I've seen, any recipes that went into her cookbook are still on her blog.

I've made several of her recipes, and every single one has been delicious. She also cooks gluten free for one or two of her kiddoes, but then she shares what you could use if you weren't gluten free. (But really, there's not much difference.) She doesn't post as much as she did when she did the challenge a few years ago of using the crockpot every single day, but she literally has an archives of several hundred recipes.

:iagree: This is my go-to site for crockpot recipes. Not everything is uber-healthy, but due to the gluten-free cooking, things like cream soups have instructions for homemade substitutes. I'm making Bean Stew off that site for dinner tonight/lunch tomorrow, and made the Honey Lentils and Asian Barbecue Chicken this past week. The Chicken Adobo recipe is great too!

I also appreciates that she writes if her kids ate it or not. Mine are not picky at all, but DS2 can't handle spicy foods (DS3 can eat a cayenne without flinching). If it was too spicy for her kids, I leave a mild portion out for the youngest.