Menu

What did you eat growing up? (s/o Duggar food)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Margerine, government cheese, canned meat (including spam), pilot bread, occasionally canned veggies, canned milk, and moose meat. We lived 15 minutes from fabulous salmon streams, but my mom didn't like the smell of fish.

One holiday, my dad got a turkey from work. My mom made stuffing from bread crusts and spam. :ack2:

This thread is cracking me up! :rofl: Such memories. My grandma used to get the government cheese and liked to buy several day old birthday cakes on clearance. It was always a joke with my cousins and aunt that we had to "check the date on the cake" before we ate it. My grandparents were not poor and grandma could have easily made a simple cake, but I guess she figured she could save a few bucks. :confused:

Oh, and I loved fluff on my pb sandwiches and I remember the chinese chow mein stuff in the can too!

I did like it when my mom made homemade ham salad sandwiches and roast in the crock pot. But that happened once in a blue moon.

It is a wonder we're all alive. Or maybe we're just well-preserved.
:iagree:

This thread is cracking me up! :rofl: Such memories. My grandma used to get the government cheese and liked to buy several day old birthday cakes on clearance...
Wow! I'm amazed that so many others had "gub'ment" cheese too! And we all lived to tell the story. :tongue_smilie:

The story about "this isn't 'governor' cheese at McDonald's was funny! :lol: