Menu

Raw Diet Support Thread Week of Jan 9th

Glad you're joining us--you're going to feel great in a few days.

I have been doing pretty well-about 60% raw. Drinking smoothies in the morning, a lot more fruit, more salad...my cooked is quinoa and brown rice, along with lentils and split peas and black beans. I also have toast on occasion. Trying to eat a lot of bananas too. My weight has gone down about 2-3 lbs and I don't want to get any lower, so I am going to keep eating avocados....

I hope to pull out my dehydrator this weekend, and maybe we'll even hit up Christopher's Kitchen (looks good, right?)

So far we've been having some good eats. I just did a quality control check on some collard green wraps, yum! These include some non-raw hummus (while chickpeas germinate) but also a bunch of good raw stuff.

And later today I'm reclaiming my juicer, which has been out on loan.

Bill

Tomorrow will be my 9th day really concentrating on my diet and I feel GREAT! I did not get a raw veggie smoothie in yesterday so I'll be making today's a double but we went out to eat for DH's borthday and I did steamed shrimp and a double portion of steamed broccoli for dinner - not raw but not too horrible.

The one Coke this week was all I had. I'm heading to the bookstore tomorrow and I'll nab a shot of wheatgrass next door as a treat. :001_smile:

I'm really wishing the Reboot website would get it together. They've been "rebuilding" for long enough now.

Bill, please juice some kale and spinach. I want to see/hear/read a man downing that. My DH took one sip and yelled, "I'm not doing this!!" and ran away. :D

Kale for sure. I love Kale juice. I also saved the Collard Green stems to juice up. I have no problems with "strong" vegetable juices, I rather like them.

Bill

Kale for sure. I love Kale juice. I also saved the Collard Green stems to juice up. I have no problems with "strong" vegetable juices, I rather like them.

Bill

I need an iphone video of you doing this. DH is totally convinced that only girls would drink something so foul. Oh well. At least it's pushing him back to Atkins? :D

We've been having so much fun with our raw adventure.

Tonight meal was a raw borscht soup, raw hummus (made from self-spouted chickpeas), "pasta" made of thinly sliced zucchini, and a salad of multiple types of kale, cabbage, greens, carrots, sprouts, nuts and seeds. Delicious!

We are not doing vegan, so I've been serving muesli for breakfast by soaking oats overnight in milk and adding nuts and fruit. Tonight I'm trying steel-cut oats.

Bill

I'm kind-of joining in too. Somehow I missed this thread until today but I pulled the juicer out of the back if the cabinet a few days ago. I am attempting to do juice only and then just eat a healthy but not necessarily raw dinner. Today breakfast and lunch were both carrot, celery, cucumber & apple juice. I'm going to pick up some Kale & Spinach tomorrow.

I do have a question for those of you who have been doing this for a while. How to you keep the hunger under control if you exercise. I play basketball for an hour three times a week and usually lift weights or do some sort of workout on the days I don't play. I played for an hour this morning and then came home and juiced. I had more juice a few hours later but basically was tired and starving all afternoon. I ate a few oranges & a banana and a piece of cheese but that didn't really help with the hunger.

I'm kind-of joining in too. Somehow I missed this thread until today but I pulled the juicer out of the back if the cabinet a few days ago. I am attempting to do juice only and then just eat a healthy but not necessarily raw dinner. Today breakfast and lunch were both carrot, celery, cucumber & apple juice. I'm going to pick up some Kale & Spinach tomorrow.

I do have a question for those of you who have been doing this for a while. How to you keep the hunger under control if you exercise. I play basketball for an hour three times a week and usually lift weights or do some sort of workout on the days I don't play. I played for an hour this morning and then came home and juiced. I had more juice a few hours later but basically was tired and starving all afternoon. I ate a few oranges & a banana and a piece of cheese but that didn't really help with the hunger.

The stuff we've been eating has lots of roughage so we have been feeling quite full. I have been surprised at how "stuffed" people have felt by eating less food that we would have were it cooked, but feeling like we've had more to eat.

Hunger has not been a problem. "Juicing" alone could be a problem as one is removing most of the fiber.

Bill