Menu

Juicing Problems - need expert advice!

So, we're on Day 6 of Juicing. We've been juicing breakfast & lunch, and then eating something healthy for dinner. I've lost only 3 pounds. :(

I know I'm not getting too many calories. I'm constantly hungry, & often feel sick because I'm so hungry. When I eat dinner, I only eat enough to feel satisfied. Two hours later I am starving again, and I've even had trouble sleeping because I'm so hungry.

I think that maybe my body is not getting enough calories, and I'm not losing any weight because my body thinks it's starving.

So, I plan to add almonds into my 'meals' - 10 or so for breakfast & lunch.

I know almonds have healthy fat.

My husband, on the other hand, wants to just stop eating dinner and juice all day long. I don't think this is a good idea - and, he's already grumpy enough as it is. :scared:

Advice? I know there are people here who have used juicing to lose weight - I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!

I have never done a juice fast, but I have read about it. Juicing isn't like drinking meal replacement shakes. In order to get enough calories you will need to drink several through the day.

I think the problem with shows like, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" is that they somewhat create false expectations. Yeah, the 429 pound guy lost 15 pounds in a week, but that is a small percentage of his body weight. If you aren't carrying an extra 200 lbs, then you aren't going to see weight loss that extreme.

If you look at the juicing menus on his website, during the only-juice portion of the fast, you're actually drinking 1200 calories a day.

I've read that the reason people who juice only, no smoothies/solids don't feel hungry has to do with the stomach adjusting to not having gastric juices stimulated by solids, so during the period where you're juicing a couple of meals and then eating one, you're continually re-stimulating your hunger feelings.

That said, 3 pounds in a week is great!

I've lost only 3 pounds.

I think that's great. :D

I know I'm not getting too many calories. I'm constantly hungry, & often feel sick because I'm so hungry. When I eat dinner, I only eat enough to feel satisfied. Two hours later I am starving again, and I've even had trouble sleeping because I'm so hungry.

So, I plan to add almonds into my 'meals' - 10 or so for breakfast & lunch.

I know almonds have healthy fat.

If you're constantly hungry, you need to change something.

• Yes, almonds are a great idea. Chew them well. Eat them individually, one at a time.
  • More protein. Perhaps a small protein at each meal.
  • Thinly sliced cucumbers - keep them in the fridge for times of hunger.
  • Eat all the raw veggies you want.

HTH.

One more thing ...

I juice, but not for weight loss, more for health reasons.

When I have done it for weight loss, I've done it like you're doing it - replacing two meals with juice and having just one meal a day. This is the fastest way to lose weight, but also can be very difficult. I find this almost impossible to do these days and I admire you and your dh for sticking to it.

I've also lost weight and experienced much less hunger when I just replaced my lunch with juice. I had breakfast, juice for lunch, and a healthy dinner. The weight loss is slower, but this option may be easier if you're having a very hard time.