Menu

Xpost: What subject are you having the most trouble starting back up....

:bigear: Do tell!

I had a few pages of KISS grammar printed out (it's free online), so we did the first lesson of that. I don't think that's what I really want to do, though. I have a copy of Rex Barks (it's a diagramming book) that we both love to read. DD is really fascinated with learning how to diagram right now. So I think I'll take advantage of that and work through Rex Barks for the next few months.

I had a few pages of KISS grammar printed out (it's free online), so we did the first lesson of that. I don't think that's what I really want to do, though. I have a copy of Rex Barks (it's a diagramming book) that we both love to read. DD is really fascinated with learning how to diagram right now. So I think I'll take advantage of that and work through Rex Barks for the next few months.

Rex Barks sounds like fun!

Everything!

My son broke his wrist over our week off and now has a cast on his right arm (the hand he writes with!)

I know have to type up the history, science, latin notes for him.

Not sure how we are going to do math, maybe some review at most.

We are going to read lots of books (which we do anyways) but no writing essays till March.

I want to cry. Things were going so amazingly well before this happened.

Everything! We took 2 weeks off and I feel absolutely uninspired about starting again. I'm sure this is partly because I'm starting another part-time job this week and am in training. Even though it will be an evening job, I feel stressed adding another thing to my life. But I have no choice in this at all.

So all that said, I'm focusing on the Three R's this week, just to gently ease us both into the school routine again.

Blessings,

Lucinda

The thing I'm having most trouble starting back up is . . . my kid!!!

To be fair, her sister is home from school this week and so it's a major distraction. But, all she wants to do is play . . . I was only planning to do half days this week anyway, math plus science or history, but today I lost her after 2 hours. Oh well . . . Next week drill sergeant mama will be back. Is it silly to wish that she'd actually *want* to do school more than an hour a day???