Menu

Paolini's Inheritance

It's a good story. I was surprised at how long the story went on after they reached their personal goal.

I was disappointed too by the ending. I was looking for a happily ever after.

But it was a good read!

Now I need another series. :D

The ending reminded me of LOTR. A lot of aftermath to the Enemy's defeat and sailing away on a white ship with elves,never to return.

I recently reread Robin Hobb's fantasy series and enjoyed them. Beginning with Assasin's Apprentice. There are four trilogies and three of them are connected.

Also I enjoyed N.D. Wilson's latest, Dragon's Tooth, even though it is really a YA book.

I read the first book and half of the second, and I think "leaned heavily" is a bit of an understatement. The plot was extremely derivative, the writing was poor, and the pacing wasn't great. I understand he was young when he wrote it, but I wrote an entire fantasy novel when I was thirteen (on a word processor, no less! I went old school) and would never have expected anyone to publish it.

The blatant plagiarism really bugged me, though. Half the names in his book are ripped off from LotR with one letter changed. The plot is like the bastard love-child of Star Wars and the Dragonriders of Pern. Here's a good overview:

http://aydee.wordpress.com/2006/12/17/eragon/

It's a good story. I was surprised at how long the story went on after they reached their personal goal.

I was disappointed too by the ending. I was looking for a happily ever after.

:iagree:

I was looking forward to book 4 so much that I re-read the first 3 books before I started #4, but I really really wanted a happy ending.