Menu

Do you have a child that fidgits ?

My 11 year old daughter and 13 year old son are both fidgiters. They cannot just sit still they have to constantly be touching something or distracted by something to help them focus on their school work.

They constantly pull at their shirts or put them in their mouths or find some other way to fidgit while doing school work or reading. My daughter had gotten into a habit of picking at her fingers and nails, which I wanted to stop before she hurt herself.

They do this subconsioulsy, they are not even aware that the do it when they are either stressed or anxious.

Anyway, I was looking for a good healthy way to curb this problem and I stumbled upon this item that really helped my children curb their fidgiting habits and to focus better on their schoolwork and reading.

I thought since it is on sale right now at Amazon with free super saver shipping some parents of fidgiters may want to purchase this item as a good stocking stuffer.

Click here: Amazon.com: Tangle Creations - JR. TEXTURES (7 inch): Toys & Games

It is only $ 5.12 with free shipping, so if you have a fidgiter and are looking for a calming techinque for them, this item may be a blessing for your family like it has been for ours.

My 11 year old daughter and 13 year old son are both fidgiters. They cannot just sit still they have to constantly be touching something or distracted by something to help them focus on their school work.

They constantly pull at their shirts or put them in their mouths or find some other way to fidgit while doing school work or reading. My daughter had gotten into a habit of picking at her fingers and nails, which I wanted to stop before she hurt herself.

They do this subconsioulsy, they are not even aware that the do it when they are either stressed or anxious.

if you go to sites (google sensory university) that cater to autism spectrum/ sensory processing disorders they have "chewie" jewelry that is made to be chewed. (and are cute) there are chewies that attach to the end of pencils, and just look like a really long eraser. (my older son destroyed so many pens) you can use a "disk" cushion that is used for balance exercises to sit upon if they fidget in their chair - they have to constantly work to sit still. Or a pilates/hoppy ball.

someone gave instructions for a "homemade" chewie necklace. I think it was plumber's tubing cut in pieces, and strung on elastic. there is also a 'tactile strip' that has a bunch of different textures that can go in front of the keyboard, so they can touch it as they need to.

anyway, lots of stuff.