Menu

If you are using Math Mammoth...

TheAutumnOak

My daughter will be doing Life of Fred decimals/percents & fractions, then Pre-Algebra 1 with Biology and Pre-Algebra 2 with Economics. If she needs more than that, I'm probably going with Chalkdust Pre-Algebra for her (or something similar).

For my younger son, he'll do Fred and probably an on-line/computer-based course, unless his writing improves a lot.

We are currently on 5B.

After MM6, we'll do MUS Algebra & Patty Paper Geometry (together) for one year and then on to Foerster Alg OR AoPS Alg. My ds is only 10, so I will be spending a lot of time (2+ years) making sure he is completely solid in Algebra.

I am not sure of the actual algebra for the 2nd year because of his current age/developmental level. He frustrates easily with discovery math right now but devours mathematical concepts/algorithms. Once he understands the concepts, he is off to the races. Methinks his age/maturity has something to do with that and so will take a wait-and-see approach.