Menu

Pressure Cookers and another appliance I found today...

I am thinking about getting a pressure cooker and wondering what experience the Hive Mind has with them.

Also, I found a really cool appliance today..It's the Fagor Multi Electric Cooker. It is a rice cooker, pressure cooker, AND slow cooker, all in one. So, like, I could clean out one of my cabinets! Kewl, huh?

http://www.householdappliances.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=FGR1055&refid=FR275-FGR1055#ProdDetails

Since Amazon is down, I can't pull it up there.

I only have a small pressure cooker, and it's *very* old, but I still love it. I only wish I had a larger one. The electric multi cooker looks like a great appliance. I'm going to do some more research before I add it to my 'wish list', but thanks for the idea!

This is pretty much the only appliance that most people in Morocco use... from the poorest homes with dirt floors and rock walls all the way to the fabulous centuries-old riyads in the old medinas, you can hear them sput-sputtering away.... great for making their midday meal (throw in meat, veggies and some water in the morning and it is ready by noon). (Tajines, while "served" in a tajine pot, are pretty much made in pressure cookers!)

Also fabulous for making beans, lentils, etc... I never had a problem with them, beans always turned out fabulous.

Oh, how I miss mine!

I have one. I desperately wanted it. I shopped around and wasn't content til I had one.

I never use it.

I mean, "never" is a strong word. I'd say I use it maybe 4x/year.

Which is close to never.

That gave me an idea for a thread!

I have a pressure cooker, but I really like that multi cooker. I use a rice cooker at least twice a week. I use my pressure cooker every now and then, same with the crock pot. 3 in one would sure save cupboard space.

Love my pressure cooker! I have 3 of varous sizes.

But I only use them to can. The little one is rarely used. I use the middle one for canning pints and the big one does double rows of quarts.

I was scared to use them at first but they are a great asset in the kitchen.:001_smile: