Menu

Just got my gas bill...OUCH!

Last year, I put us on that plan that keeps our bills the same year round. It made for easier budgeting. When our 12 months was up, we did owe over $100 for the electricity usage but they adjusted accordingly so hopefully our next 12 months won't be so bad. Our gas bill got locked into a certain therm cost. Gosh, I said that like I might know what I'm talking about. But I don't really. *LOL*

Try.... drumroll please...

$2050.00...This is for heating and water from August 2007 to May 2008!:D ETA: This is propane.

Last year was $1816.

Our electric bill runs on the average of $130 a month. I just forked out $160.24 for our bill last month.

Holly

for our house and it was $80..double what it was last year.

We paid $3200 for oil in the past 12 months, and $1500 for electricity.

At current prices, we would pay $4500 for the same amount of oil, and who knows how much more prices will go up before next winter. We won't be able to afford the extra $1300, never mind how much more. I just spent a couple of days researching, and I think we're going to try change our heat source before winter, if we can...

We paid $3200 for oil in the past 12 months, and $1500 for electricity.

At current prices, we would pay $4500 for the same amount of oil, and who knows how much more prices will go up before next winter. We won't be able to afford the extra $1300, never mind how much more. I just spent a couple of days researching, and I think we're going to try change our heat source before winter, if we can...

:svengo:I guess I shouldn't be complaining!!!!!

Guest Virginia Dawn

We recently paid $425 to get 100 gallons of oil which runs the boiler to heat our water. This should last a month and a half. The plumber hasn't put in our electric water tank yet. AAARGH! I'm not buying any more oil this summer, we will just take cold showers until that tank goes in, but hopefully we won't have to.

Wow, gas is cheap!

We use kerosene, and our bill this year was cut by about half because last year we sided the house and replaced the windows. ;)

We are hopefully (crossing fingers) re-siding the house and replacing the windows this year too.

My house is at a point where we need to spend a little more now to save a lot more in the long run. We're on the balanced payment plan and our energy bill (gas and electric) is $400/month. This is with energy saving light bulbs and we don't run the heater unless the temps inside drop to 60 or turn on the AC unless the temps are 90+ inside. Rates have just gone up and up... we're paying about $200 more per month than we did 2-3 years ago.

We just replaced the old fridge and upright freezer with one energy star fridge. Replacing the energy/water hog washer with a new front loader tomorrow. CA just officially declared a drought... ugh...

Next big project will be the siding and windows. May I ask what you used for the siding? We're thinking hardie board...?