Menu

My parents just got back from Rome..they said the gas over there is

$10 a gallon!!! :svengo:

WOW, I couldn't imagine..looks like we soon will though...HOPE NOT!!!!!!!!!!

They said there were TONS of scooters. They also said they are surprised that most are still alive with the way they drive over there.

I've heard people in the media say they should hike the prices here to discourage/keep us all from driving... but things are sooo spread out in most places here, I would not mind having one car if I lived somewhere planned for walking, with good public transportation- but it wouldn't work here in So. Ca.

I can't even walk to the grocery store, it's too far. I am thinking of getting a bike and riding to the library in the next town...

Guest Virginia Dawn

If it's anything like it was when we were in Italy, the cars are incredibly small too. I've seen a family of 4 riding down the street on a moped. But there is public transportation, buses from town to town, and trains in larger cities.

Here in Houston, you can easily take a bus to work if you work downtown. Otherwise, you're pretty much out of luck. It would be impossible for DH to take the bus. You can't get there from here. He has about a 30-45 minute drive with traffic. That is not unusual here.

My sisters neighbors solution to gas crisis for him personally since he has 30mile commute. Mon drives to work rides bike home leaving the car at work. Tues rides bike to work and drives home. Wed drives to work rides bike home leaving the car at work etc. He lives N of Atlanta. He has the right idea.