Menu

Fiesta Ware owners~ tell me what you own!!

How do you decide what to add to your collection? I needed new dishes, and decided to go with Fiesta. My big order arrived last Saturday. I love this stuff, but trying to decide how and what to add to my set.

Just for fun, I'd love to hear what other Fiesta owners have, in what colors, and what pieces/accessories you look to add. Also, if you have a favorite place to buy it.

At the moment, I have 9 dinner plates in 5 different colors, 13 cereal bowls in various colors (mostly all different) 10 mugs in 7 different colors, and a few luncheon plates and salad plates in various colors. I also have some of the small fruit bowls, and 4 chili bowls, and a few accessory pieces.

I'm thinking I'd like to work up to 2 sets in each color, and add accessories along the way. I was given a set of yellow bulb candle holders. I think they are pretty ugly with candles in them, but they look nice just sitting on my baker's rack. I've ordered most of mine from Zestydishes.com.

I just got some fiesta ware last month. I was wondering how you all store it. I had just been stacking my plates on top of each other and I noticed that some of them are beginning to look scratched up. Anybody else have trouble with scratching?

Right now I have the purple heather, bright green(can't think of what they call it) and peacock blue, I think. I want to add 1-2 more colors..... I just have the a basic set of 4, service for eight.I'd really like soup bowls.

I just keep it stacked in the cupboard, but I love seeing all that color when I open up the door! I used to have all white Pfaltzgraff, so it's a nice change!

I started with place settings in various colors. I have 2 red & 2 green (for the Christmas season), 2 blue and 2 yellow (for Michigan football season), and a mixture for the rest. I've gradually built up 12 place settings total.

I have certain types of dishes in Pfaltzgraff that I really like, so if I can find similar Fiestaware dishes I'll wait till they have a sale and replace them gradually.

The only thing I don't like about my Fiestaware is the squeaking noise the knives make on the dinner plates when you're cutting something. Gives me the chills like nails on a chalkboard!

I just keep it stacked in the cupboard, but I love seeing all that color when I open up the door! I used to have all white Pfaltzgraff, so it's a nice change!/COLOR]

When I got married in the early 1990s, almost everyone I knew had either Corelle or Pfaltzgraff. I picked out a nice Corelle pattern and got several pieces and place settings as wedding gifts. The very next year it was discontinued, and hasn't been one of those popular ones you can still easily find pieces for. The only Corelle that coordinates with it is plain white. That's one reason I like Fiesta; you can mix the colors and it still looks great.

:)I can tell you what we have. We grew with this stuff and now I think all my brothers and sisters have it in their homes as well (As well as my parents and grandma)

We have 7 kids so... each child was able to pick the color they wanted and we got them each their own place setting. It is very fun. We also have 4 other colors so when guests come over they get their own color as well. It has been very easy to set the table and for kids to know where they sit.

My favorite color of all time is Chartruese. It makes me so happy when I see it.:D I wish it wasn't retired. :(

I have 4 piece settings for 12 in 12 different colors........its after midnight so no way I can think of all the names right now.

I have 2 platters, one in persimmon and one in the burgandy color

I have 2 serving bowls in the light blue color and turquoise

Large serving bowl in light green

I have a large pitcher in the dark green color

a small pitcher in turquoise

gravy boat in persimmon

mini bowls in 8 varied colors

salt & pepper shakers in light blue

cream and sugar in Sunflower

broken butter dish in scarlet (my cat likes to eat butter.....don't ask)

I think that's it but there might be another piece or two in there somewhere......