Menu

What's THE HOT toy this year?

Just curious because I haven't seen any hoopla myself over any particular thing...wondering if I am missing it?

Remember several years ago Tickle Me Elmo was THE thing...people literally fought over it in the aisles.

I remember when I was a child, the Cabbage Patch Dolls were a similiar frenzy one Christmas.

About two years ago it was those silly Zhu Zhu Pets. Impossible to find on the shelves, stores limited quantities each person could purchase, etc.

Anything that you've heard this year?

Leap pad. It's out of stock everywhere and prices are into the hundreds on amazon/ebay

Who knew? I have two of these, unopened, siting in a box, waiting to go to Toys for Tots....DS received both last year for Christmas, but was way beyond them, so I'm donating them - someone will be happy!

Leap pad. It's out of stock everywhere and prices are into the hundreds on amazon/ebay

I think the LeapPad. With that said, I didn't buy it. I bought the Vtech Mobigo. Also those lalaloopsy dolls seem to be popular.

I agree. It's looks pretty neat and very similar to the iPad, which I guess appeals to a lot of people, myself included. :blush:

I saw that my local TRU had a whole bin of them last week and I was ready to grab one until I realized they were all pink. :( My 3yo boy would not be thrilled with a pink one. Bah. And I was so happy to find them in stock.