Menu

After helping teach a couple of subjects this week, DH just said...

That when he starts bringing in more income after the start of the year, he didn't want me to have to work anymore.

:lol:

Ah, I can hardly stop giggling! It has been SO utterly amusing watching him struggle through working with our ADD 9-year-old and attitude-rich teenager, while the 2-year-old wreaks havoc around us.

Call me mean, but I've deliberately saved a couple of subjects this week for later in the day, so he can handle them when he gets home (from his truly low-stress job) knowing that it was probably the only way he'd really grasp what my daily life is like and why the house stays in utter chaos.

I only work from home, p/t, freelance writing and I also bake cakes and paint faces a couple times a month. So it's stuff that I enjoy and won't give up entirely. But his whole "OMG" response these past couple of days has been truly priceless!

:lol:

but I've deliberately saved a couple of subjects this week for later in the day, so he can handle them when he gets home (from his truly low-stress job) knowing that it was probably the only way he'd really grasp what my daily life is like and why the house stays in utter chaos.

:thumbup:

I remember years ago asking my husband to teach the geography class to my daughter because I had a doctor's appointment. The lesson should have only taken 15 minutes max, but when I walked in the door 90 minutes later, they were still working on the same lesson.

I gave him props for the intense lesson he offered and finished it up the next day, but he did comment that it was difficult to remain focused.

That reminds me of the time dh said he was going to take over the schooling (after the girls and I had a bad day and I was threatening them with school). He told me to give him all the books etc. and he would take over. He took one look at the stack of books and realized how much time and effort I had put into all this and that taking over was not going to be easy as pie. Well, he didn't even make it to one lesson when he handed the whole pile back to me. :D