Menu

a little full time working homeschooling mom update

I have lost much of my online free time since beginning my job on November 1st, and I do miss this crazy place.:tongue_smilie:

My job (Utlization Management for the county community mental health center) is not terribly interesting (not that I would really know because I've spent much of my time in training so far...). However, the hours are flexible, the dress code is casual, the people are nice, and my supervisor is a laid back hippie type (and quite a bit younger than me). My office mate is lovely, and I have a bathroom, a refrigerator, an icemaker, a microwave and a coffee maker right outside my office.:D I wear jeans every day, have 17 PTO days and 10 holidays the first year and will get decent and affordable health insurance after a 90 day waiting period. I didn't want a job, but this is not a bad one to have.

My kids have adjusted fairly well. My oldest dd (who is in private school) has been a tremendous support to me. My two youngest kids have adjusted with no issues. My oldest son has struggled some with crying and missing me, but I think he is reaching an acceptance of it. The college student I have hired to stay with the kids two days a week (former homeschoolee) is wonderful. My dad keeps the kids the other two days, and a friend takes them to co op on Fridays. I come home from work Mon-Thurs and do about an hour and a half of homeschooling with the kids. I have delegated most of it to others, but I have kept math, logic, WWE and a few other odds and ends. Our weeks are very busy, and I am pretty tired, but I am able to work 7:30-3:30 so we have plenty of time in the evenings to get things done.

Just wanted to say a quick hello and give a little update. I notice many of you have had babies in my absence.:D Congrats! I miss being a daily part of this place.:grouphug: