Menu

What can I do with this chunk of ham?

I have this individually wrapped chunk of boneless ham that I have to use tonight. I normally cut these in half and cook them in a pot with a can of pineapple chunks and a can or two of coconut milk, but I went to take everything out and discovered I have no pineapple (nice meal planning :001_rolleyes:). Potato soup is also out--not enough potatoes. What else can I do with this thing?

Thanks!

Thank you all. We ended up having to chuck the ham. I just didn't trust that it was safe to eat. It should still have been good, but it was natural ham (no preservatives), and I didn't like the looks (or the smell) of it. I'm going to file all your ideas away for next time though!

Oh, and Mom2legomaniacs, you inspired me. I made the biscuits anyway, to go with our fried eggs :D

Put it in a roaster at a low temp and bake it until it almost falls apart.

Save half for ham salad or ham steaks. With the second half, cover it in jam and baste with juices, or make a brown sugar/favorite cola paste and cover the second part of the ham with it, letting it bake another hour more (this can be done in a crock pot as well).

Yum!