Menu

iPad 2 cases--how tough should they be?

DH surprised me with an early birthday present--an iPad! :)

I have read through several of the previous threads here about cases and am leaning toward getting an Otterbox case, but I don't know which one. Then I saw some of the Franklin Covey portfolio-type ones, and they look much nicer for the money. Otterbox seems like the most heavy-duty one, but I'm not sure how much protection I'll actually need for my iPad. Are there others you like? Also, what do you use to keep the screen clean? Mine is already a smudgy mess.

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Otterbox Reflex case today. There are 2 differences that I can see between the Otterbox Defender and the Reflex. The Defender keeps out dust/dirt and is heavier and super rugged. It is made for contractors out on the job sites for example.

The Reflex still protects against drops and scrapes, etc...which is what I need.

I have a case like the Franklin Covey one and I guess if I were the only one using it and kept it in my office, etc....it would be fine, but I am freaking out over scratches!

I have a screen protector on it already and it has worked fine. I don't know if the Reflex will come with another one or not.

Dawn

Edited by DawnM

My dh bought a spray cleaner & cloth from the electronics store which works great to clean the screen. I also bought a stylus because I like to write notes & to avoid dd using dirty fingers on the screen. That helps some but I still find myself cleaning the screen at least once a day. I have a leather case & it's been fine so far. I picked it because it looked nice and fit in my purse. When I get dd her own for Christmas I plan to get the hard cover for her.

We have really basic covers on the iPad and iPad2. It has never been a problem. I suppose if I had rambunctious smaller children, I'd be more concerned. But if it's only being handled by adults or fairly careful older kids...

But I don't have a big protective cover on my phone either. I'm careful but not obsessive with these things...