Menu

I know we've talked about make-up a million times, but

can we again? I have been loyal to a brand of mineral make-up for about 6 years, but I recently tried a liquid foundation from Mary Kay, and I was REALLY impressed! I didn't buy any because I have enough make-up for now, but I'm seriously considering switching when I run out of the minerals. Does anyone have any experience with Mary Kay? I immediately fell head over heels for their mascara and bought that at the party I went to. That stuff is AMAZING!

I'm interested in knowing if you use liquid or mineral make-up, why, and what brand of make-up you use. :D

Thanks!

I use the Bare Escentuals mineral powder foundation. That's the only makeup I really splurge on - I usually get it on ebay for between $20-25. I use it because it works well with my skin. For a long time (since I was a teenager) I was using Neutrogena everything - cleanser, moisturizer, foundation - and about a year and a half ago my skin was just drying out too much from all of it and I figured it was time to change my regimen, since I'm not a teenager anymore! :)

I use a really random combo of face products - Cetaphil cleanser in the shower in the morning, DHC Deep Cleansing Oil at night, Clinique even better moisturizer before makeup (well, right now I'm using Cetaphil moisturizer to try it out), and the Bare Escentuals foundation. But its what works for me! :)

I don't use foundation at all in the summer, just a little concealer and powder because it's too hot here. I use mostly Maybelline and Cover Girl for all of it.

I might check out the Mary Kay foundation though because in the winter I like a little more coverage and moisture.

I use Cetaphil moisturizer and love it. I need a good wrinkle cream for my eyes though.

Oh, and I have never used anything but Great Lash Mascara. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I changed that!!! :tongue_smilie:

I use MMU but also like Tarte tinted moisturizer.

I use MMU if I'm going to be in the sun because I don't like having retinyl palmitate in Tarte if I'm going to be out in the sun.

I got sick of the MMU mess when my third child came along, so I use Tarte a good bit now. Just the right amount of coverage for me.