Menu

The Teachers Lodge 11-1-2011

HAPPY NOVEMBER!!!

It's November! Can you believe it?? Ai yi yi!

We're going to be starting late today because I just refuse to rush. After I open the lodge, I'm going to get my coffee and figure out how to get myself going this morning.

What's for breakfast? Possibly sausage and eggs. We'll see.

Lunch? Don't you know better than to ask that of me by now? :D

What's your least favorite subject to teach? Me: Language Arts.

What's your MOST favorite subject to teach? Me: history.

Talk to me! :bigear:

Oooo...Love your fall colors!

Breakfast was scrambled eggs, courtesy of my chickens. (Well, I had to help scramble them.) I also had cottage cheese and peaches. My girl had yogurt.

Lunch is right around the corner, I hope. We are both starving. I wish it was a big old hamburger, but it might have to be more leftover bean soup.

My least favorite subject to teach is probably health because I go in all directions, pulling from a few good sources but sticking myself with some lame ones that I feel obligated to make work. It's just an uncoordinated plan that needs revamping.

My favorite subject to teach is still math, because it's the one I have to work the hardest at to make sure I'm doing a good job. Blood, sweat, and tears and all that, so I'm attached to the subject emotionally. ;)

Good Morning, Good morning, I'm glad to be alive, Good morning, Good morning, to you!

Breakfast - 2 wheat free waffles, hot chocolate made for my by my dd9.

Lunch - leftover pizza (See, Scrap, I don't eat salad all the time!)

Least favorite subject - right now it is Latin because instead of the answer book I ordered, they sent me another workbook:glare: Not having the answers puts a glaring spotlight on my ignorance!

Most favorite subject - math for dd9 because by golly, she's finally got it!

history/lit for ds14 because of the interesting discussions.

HAPPY NOVEMBER!!!

It's November! Can you believe it?? I'm excited for the fall and for the holidays.

We're going to be starting late today because I just refuse to rush. We've actually gotten a great start to the day. We've done lots of schoolwork, with just a bit more left to do after lunch. I've also done a load of laundry and the kids have done about half of their chores.

What's for breakfast? The kids had waffles or pancakes.

Lunch? The youngest had ham and applesauce. The rest of us are having ham and cheese quiche.

What's your least favorite subject to teach? Science.

What's your MOST favorite subject to teach? Spelling.

I'm not sure what I did to myself yesterday but my body hurts right between my shoulder blades. It's not a sharp pain, more like the entire muscle(s) is/are sore.

On a happier note, I finally received a wonderful coffee table book that I actually earned through our business. It weighs 9.5lbs! Think it would be wrong to go beat some people over the head with it? :p

Yeah, probably.

Did anybody bring donuts to the lounge today?

No doughnuts, but I've been promising myself cinnamon rolls for two weeks. Maybe I'll make those.

We're having a (comparatively) lazy day today. DS is claiming his ears hurt, so we're not going to swim team practice. It would likely be pretty empty because there's a meet tonight, so I'm not sure whether I'm happy or annoyed that we're missing. Either way, I don't want him getting water in sore ears. DH had a bad cold over the weekend, so I'm trying to dope the boy up on vitamins and hope for the best.

He had an orange, a giant mug of herbal tea, and some pasta with leftover spaghetti sauce for lunch. I had some of the pasta/sauce and browned some sausage to go in mine.

Favorite subject to teach: Writing. I love watching him learn to love writing as much as I do. We have a lot of fun.

Least favorite subject: Art. Ugh.

The fall colors are almost gone here. We've been having a streak of windy, wet weather and it's knocking the leaves off the trees. :sad: I love autumn and this makes me somewhat sad.

We are one week away from our first college visit with ds. We are also making this a family vacation - dh will be away from work four whole days and I told him that if his colleagues call, I'm throwing his work cell phone in Lake Superior, so..."WARN EVERYONE! THE MAMMA BEAR IS ON THE LOOSE!" Of course, ds also takes this opportunity to outgrow his dress shoes and khaki pants. Sigh....I.cannot.keep.this.boy.dressed. I'm considering operating a male nudist colony in order to ease the strain on the budget! :D

Breakfast - boiled eggs, hot cocoa, and fruit

Lunch - mexican casserole with veggies toppings and more fruit

Supper - Ham roast, potatoes, cheesy cauliflower, green beans, and blueberry muffins for the non-gluten free people - ie. for everyone else but me. :glare:

Favorite subject to teach - Science, science, science, and more science. The more scientific subjects being studied at one time, the better! :001_smile:

Least favorite - ART HISTORY! I know I should find it interesting, but mostly, I'm barely surviving....:toetap05:. Ds the high schooler, however, thinks it's wonderful and so I'm forced to put on an Oscar winning best actress in a docu-drama performance. :tongue_smilie:

Faith

I'm so glad it's November--it's getting to be my favorite time of year!

I had a dr. appt. this morning so dh worked from home and monitored school today.

What's for breakfast? I had a nutri grain bar. boys had waffles

Lunch? boys had grilled cheese sandwiches and I had leftover chili

What's your least favorite subject to teach? Science

What's your MOST favorite subject to teach? Literature

This day is not turning out wonderfully although I know it could be worse. Anyway, this mamma is sending her own self to a time out because all will be better that way. So, I'm taking my goldfish crackers and my caffeine-free Pepsi and hiding out in my room for an hour. Later, gators!

I'm hiding with an apple and might even find some peanut butter if I'm lucky. It would be my first meal today. I am back from bringing my mom home from the hospital (really long story starting with chest pain and ending with triple bypass). It's been a long time since I sat quietly for a few minutes. Don't tell anyone where I'm hiding, okay? I have exactly an hour before I'm needed anywhere else, as far as I know.

I'm hiding with an apple and might even find some peanut butter if I'm lucky. It would be my first meal today. I am back from bringing my mom home from the hospital (really long story starting with chest pain and ending with triple bypass). It's been a long time since I sat quietly for a few minutes. Don't tell anyone where I'm hiding, okay? I have exactly an hour before I'm needed anywhere else, as far as I know.

Karen, I'm sorry about your mom but I'm glad that she's getting the care she needs. And I'm glad that you're hiding out so that you can get the quiet you need.

So, I come down after my time out to find that my 7 year old son has put a tweezers in a light socket in the bathroom!:scared:

REALLY?? I promptly marched up the stairs to the bathroom where he was hding to ream him. I in no uncertain terms told him he could have killed himself!

AAARRRRRGGGHH.

Anyone want my son for day? He's not liable to last long HERE!:glare:

What's for breakfast? We had Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal w/ OJ - yum!

Lunch? Bagel Bites - LOL. I hadn't had them in forever and just grabbed them on a whim at the store. They were not so bad!

What's your least favorite subject to teach? Spelling. Blech. We are getting ready to scrap Sequential Spelling and move on to All About Spelling. I'm just gearing up to spend the $$.

What's your MOST favorite subject to teach? Right now it's math! I would have never guessed, but it's been really enjoyable to watch DD get new concepts.

DH is out of town until late Friday night, leaving me with a houseful of Halloween candy. I'm trying VERY hard to leave him some :D

Me too, Jean! I left with the intent of getting a Starbucks frappuccino and then going to Tuesday Morning to shop. I did get my Peppermint Mocha frappuccino but I was just too focused on the chance my ds might do something ELSE unwise so I went home. If my dh wasn't so swamped at work, I might just take ds THERE and PLANT him.