Menu

Christians: A very thought-provoking article

From the article:

"Fruit is born from the inside -- not applied to the outside.....I am convinced that the most contagious parenting is living a heartfelt faith before your children. Fruitful interaction is not about what you do to your young people, but who you are with them......God intends that the side-effect of loving Jesus and enjoying the grace of the gospel will be that all people--including our children--will be touched by the Savior in us."

:iagree::iagree::iagree: Very good article. It hit my heart in many areas. Thanks for the link.

I red this a few days ago and agree it is really thought-provoking. I even saved it to my favorites to go back and read again later. I had the thought, though, that most of his "blind spots" really apply to Christians in general and not just homeschoolers.

I red this a few days ago and agree it is really thought-provoking. I even saved it to my favorites to go back and read again later. I had the thought, though, that most of his "blind spots" really apply to Christians in general and not just homeschoolers.

:iagree: it reminded me a lot of the book Families Where Grace is in Place. This was the place I was at a year or so ago as I tried to detangle from fear based faith and parenting, into love/grace filled, while staying true to my religous and moral convictions.