Menu

Pregnancy Update

Just thought I'd update folks since I may have worried a few people when I posted about taking a homeschooling break a couple of weeks ago. I said I had high blood pressure. I also had some protein in my urine. Not big deals but enough to help make the decision to ditch school for a bit in favour of lots of rest easier.

Anyhow, I had my last OB appt. today (Monday I go in for one more ultrasound and will probably be scheduled for an induction then if Lauchie hasn't arrived. Yay! Sue me - I like predictable births I can plan for, especially since my kids seem content to bake forever.:D) and my blood pressure is back to normal for the second week in a row and my kidneys have shaped up and are functioning perfectly again. My OB figures it's the resting that I've been doing. Apparently, horizontal kidneys are happier kidneys!

She offered to do a membrane sweep if I wanted one but I declined. If I don't have to take my pants off for a doctor visit then I'm not going to. :D

Anyhow, despite knowing that I needed to take a homeschooling break it's good to have real proof that it was the right decision and that it's paid off.

Just thought I'd update folks since I may have worried a few people when I posted about taking a homeschooling break a couple of weeks ago. I said I had high blood pressure. I also had some protein in my urine. Not big deals but enough to help make the decision to ditch school for a bit in favour of lots of rest easier.

Anyhow, I had my last OB appt. today (Monday I go in for one more ultrasound and will probably be scheduled for an induction then if Lauchie hasn't arrived. Yay! Sue me - I like predictable births I can plan for, especially since my kids seem content to bake forever.:D) and my blood pressure is back to normal for the second week in a row and my kidneys have shaped up and are functioning perfectly again. My OB figures it's the resting that I've been doing. Apparently, horizontal kidneys are happier kidneys!

She offered to do a membrane sweep if I wanted one but I declined. If I don't have to take my pants off for a doctor visit then I'm not going to. :D

Anyhow, despite knowing that I needed to take a homeschooling break it's good to have real proof that it was the right decision and that it's paid off.

Excellent! All sounds good. Keep those kidneys happy! :D

I'm glad that everything is back to normal! Well, at normal as it can be while pregnant LOL. I hope that you will meet your babe really soon. And don't worry, I like predictable births too. My first two were induced. This third one came on her own....freaked me out LOL.

That's what I'm a little worried about. I really have no idea what going into labour outside of a nice cheerful, comfy hospital birthing room is like. :D

I felt sort of funny posting about my little troubles knowing you were out there dealing with MUCH more then I have too. :grouphug:

Hope it's not too much longer for you.:001_smile:

Pffft! My situation has nothing to do with yours, nor does it negate any worries, frustrations, concerns, etc that you're having!

I told SpecialMama yesterday that I think your nose should turn bright blue to indicate you're really in labour, that way there's no doubt as to what's going on.

Yeah, I'm still having BH. :glare: