Menu

Help! Does anyone know how to filter youtube without blocking the entire site???

Could you build your own channel on Youtube and import the videos you approve of for him? That way it avoids the side videos on the right hand side. Don't know how to completely avoid his clicking to the main YT window if he should choose to do so. Sorry. :confused:

I would download the video to my computer so that other videos aren't suggested.

Here's one method to make it happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4lmuFGzKYM

This, for your situation. Honestly, youtube worries me to death. DD goes on there all the time for Sonic the Hedgehog videos. But I have a good internet monitoring system and I check it regularly. Ever since she was obsessed with Big Foot, and came across a video of Big Foot doing....well, something rather personal! Argh...

Edited by coloradoperkins

I'm finding youtube a scarey place too. I researched today and turned on all the safety stuff and for 'kicks' went back in and searched for 'words' to see what would happen. It blocked videos about s*x, b**bs, etc (though it showed the thumbnail pics :confused:) but I put in the word gay and the ONLY thing that came up was gay sex videos and all of them were accessible:eek:

Can you filter out specific words in 'search'? btw. I would have felt the same :eek: had it been heterosexual, animal or cartoon sex.

maybe this should be it's own thread. sorry, I didn't mean to hijack but this thread had me researching protection.

Edited by connib

I have K9 web protection, but I allowed youtube so he could watch these toy videos. Maybe with safety locked on now - bc I'm logged in with my google account - he can't come across anything bad. I think he'll still hear swears though. I can make a playlist if I need to.

We have Safe Eyes - supposedly it blocks particular videos based on content, but not the thumbnails (which stinks!). I get a daily report emailed to me and youtube is always in the "blocked" category, so I know it is blocking at least some things, but it does allow the things that are watchable (and likely blocking other "watchable" things, but it's better than anything else I've found).