Menu

Good gifts for 7yo boys who like to figure out...

Go to the thrift store and buy some electronics. Let him go to town. Pigby had a blast when he and DH took apart an old worthless CD player. DH knew how to rig a battery to one of the mechanisms and got it whirring. It was pretty exciting. (Don't do TVs)

Huh - now there's a neat idea. Could he electrocute himself even if it isn't plugged in? That would be my only concern.

I'll have to take a look at those snap circuits - haven't seen them before. OK - I've taken a quick look, and they really don't look that complicated - the pieces seem to be color coordinated and the beginning projects look pretty simple. He may be able to handle something like that.

Edited by Susan in TN

How about some fun books on How Things Work?

I've heard some preschool teachers get a carburator from the junk yard, clean it a bit, then let their class take it apart.

A former student's mom used to collect McD's toys and give them to her son to take apart with a tiny screw driver. A box of those with some tools might be fun.

How about some fun books on How Things Work?

I've heard some preschool teachers get a carburator from the junk yard, clean it a bit, then let their class take it apart.

A former student's mom used to collect McD's toys and give them to her son to take apart with a tiny screw driver. A box of those with some tools might be fun.

Oh boy - I can just see his eyes light up w/ a little glasses repair kit and little mechanical toys. :coolgleamA: