Menu

Please share your favorite chocolate chip pan cookie recipe with no nuts

Please share your favorite chocolate chip pan cookie recipe with no nuts. I love a good chocolate chip cookie; however, I'm feeling lazy and don't wish to stand around waiting for multiple trays of cookies to bake.

Your help is appreciated!

Regards,

Kareni

Here's mine:

Cream:

1 stick of softened butter

1/2 c. white sugar

1/2 c. brown sugar

(this is a half a cup less than most back of the bag recipes call for, we don't notice the missing sugar, but you may)

Add 1 egg and mix well, then add another egg mix well

1 tsp. vanilla, I eyeball and probably add more

Mix well

Add:

2 1/4 c. flour

1 t. baking soda

1/2 t. salt

When almost all mixed, add a bag of chocolate chips (we are loving Ghiradelli bittersweet lately...mmmm! or milk chocolate chips...more mmm!)

Sometimes I put the dough in the fridge to chill for about 10-15 minutes.

Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees.

This does not make a ton of cookies, but this is my tried and true recipe. I always get compliments on my cookies. :)

Enjoy!!

Thank you both for the recipes.

Angel, I'll have to look for a Betty Crocker cookbook to get the basic recipe.

AppleGreen, this looks absolutely delicious. Two questions -- what size pan do you use? and about how long do you bake the cookies?

Regards,

Kareni

Donna, thanks for your suggestions. Does the Tollhouse bag list pan size, temperature, and bake time for a pan variety? (We've been using a different brand of chocolate chips whose bag recipe does not offer a pan option.)

Other recipes still welcome!

Regards,

Kareni

I use the recipe on the back of the Toll House Chocolate Chip bag...except I change the sugars to 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup brown sugar and add an extra tsp. vanilla. (I skip the nuts, too)

I do the same thing with the sugars...learned it from Alton Brown. ;) I haven't ever done a bar cookie though. Sorry, no help from me.

Here's mine:

Cream:

1 stick of softened butter

1/2 c. white sugar

1/2 c. brown sugar

(this is a half a cup less than most back of the bag recipes call for, we don't notice the missing sugar, but you may)

Add 1 egg and mix well, then add another egg mix well

1 tsp. vanilla, I eyeball and probably add more

Mix well

Add:

2 1/4 c. flour

1 t. baking soda

1/2 t. salt

When almost all mixed, add a bag of chocolate chips (we are loving Ghiradelli bittersweet lately...mmmm! or milk chocolate chips...more mmm!)

Sometimes I put the dough in the fridge to chill for about 10-15 minutes.

Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees.

This does not make a ton of cookies, but this is my tried and true recipe. I always get compliments on my cookies. :)

Enjoy!!

The little girls and I whipped this up tonight after seeing this thread. :) Big sister got to go to a sleepover so the littles and I are watching some horrific Barbie movie and eating yumminess.