Menu

neti pot problems

for the past few weeks, I keep trying to use my neti pot, but it burns. It's not the temp or amount of salt. The water won't go through my nose, then it starts burning badly. And when I tried it the other night I ended up with water in my ears. I've been doing this for years and have never had that happen, so I don't know what the deal is.

And now I haven't done it in days and my nose is runny and stuff is draining down my throat and I really want to wash my sinuses out. :confused: What's the deal here?

Hmmmm, it sounds like you have some sort of blockage. If you've done it for years then I know that you know you can't press too hard on your nose. You should be okay with the amount of salt, too, if you're not new to using it. It seems to me that you need to get a doctor to check out this problem for you....

When was the last time you used it that it *did* work as normal for you?

I'm just wondering if you could have some sort of growth that has cropped up. My father has had trouble with nasal polyps in years past and they can grow pretty quickly. They are generally benign, by the way, but do need to be removed if they are causing any sort of problem. (His began bleeding once when he was on a vacation in an air-conditioned place. He wasn't accustomed to the drier, air-conditioned air and it dried him out enough to cause the problem....)

Hmmmm, it sounds like you have some sort of blockage. If you've done it for years then I know that you know you can't press too hard on your nose. You should be okay with the amount of salt, too, if you're not new to using it. It seems to me that you need to get a doctor to check out this problem for you....

When was the last time you used it that it *did* work as normal for you?

I'm just wondering if you could have some sort of growth that has cropped up. My father has had trouble with nasal polyps in years past and they can grow pretty quickly. They are generally benign, by the way, but do need to be removed if they are causing any sort of problem. (His began bleeding once when he was on a vacation in an air-conditioned place. He wasn't accustomed to the drier, air-conditioned air and it dried him out enough to cause the problem....)

oh gosh, I hope not. I haven't been able to use my neti pot in a few weeks. I've been having problems with my ears since... the first season of dr who with matt smith in it. (I remember it that way, because I was watching an episode when someone wrecked their car in my yard and I didn't hear it because my ears were clogged up.) The doctor washed out my years and gave me abx. I've had to get abx a few times since then.

for the past few weeks, I keep trying to use my neti pot, but it burns. It's not the temp or amount of salt. The water won't go through my nose, then it starts burning badly. And when I tried it the other night I ended up with water in my ears. I've been doing this for years and have never had that happen, so I don't know what the deal is.

And now I haven't done it in days and my nose is runny and stuff is draining down my throat and I really want to wash my sinuses out. :confused: What's the deal here?

I don't know what the deal is, but the exact same thing happened to me (after lots of successful uses) and it was so painful/unpleasant, I haven't used my netipot since! :(

oh gosh, I hope not. I haven't been able to use my neti pot in a few weeks. I've been having problems with my ears since... the first season of dr who with matt smith in it. (I remember it that way, because I was watching an episode when someone wrecked their car in my yard and I didn't hear it because my ears were clogged up.) The doctor washed out my years and gave me abx. I've had to get abx a few times since then.

I bet you are all swollen inside. I would suggest that you get some curcumin (a supplement made from tumeric) from the health/vitamin store. It really does wonders for inflammation. I'd also recommend fish oil and Quercetin (a supplement made an ingredient from apples, I think).

I bet you are all swollen inside. I would suggest that you get some curcumin (a supplement made from tumeric) from the health/vitamin store. It really does wonders for inflammation. I'd also recommend fish oil and Quercetin (a supplement made an ingredient from apples, I think).

Thanks Jean, I'll see if I can get some of that.

The very first time I used the Neti Pot, it worked great on one side and the 2nd side was as you have described. Since I had had success with one side, I figured out I must be blocked on the second side. I kept on wiht the treatments and after several more, I finally got the blockage to move thru. Swollen tissues makes sense to me too. If that doens't work, I guess the next time is to get to a Dr. and be sure something hasn't popped up in there that you are unaware of.