Menu

Rocket Math Free for iPhone with "@dult" ads?

Don't know about the free version, but we love the paid-for version. The apps by that person/company are all excellent, and my boys fight overwho gets to play first. Best app money I've spent... Except for my white noise! If the ads ARE a problem, I'd go ahead and pay for the full version.

That reminds me, though. I had the free version of a white noise app for about a month, then suddenly there was a pop-up ad/video for a horror movie that came up each night just about the time I got the covers pulled up. Who would put an ad for a horror movie on an app meant for sleep?!? When I complained to the developer, he explained that for the free apps, they have contractors do the ads. They were very shocked and appologetic and the peoblem was resolved before I went to bed that night. my guess is that it's the same situation here, and that the developer needs to deal with the ad agency.

Hello,

My name is Dan Russell-Pinson and I'm the author of Rocket Math. I noticed this thread from a Google Alert I have set up to keep track of my apps online.

First, let me say that I apologize for any inappropriate ads that might have been served by the free versions of my apps in the past. I have tried to work with my ad provider to avoid any type of adult ads from showing up in my apps. Their system has a setting called "Level of adult ads served" which I, of course, set to None. I also coded my apps with a 4+ age level. Despite this, ads were still showing up for dating services, etc.

When I approached the ad service about this, they said they would tag my account manually to not receive adult ads. This seemed to improve things, but there would still be inappropriate ads showing from time to time.

Since then, I have decided to replace all of the ads in my free apps. Now they just show "ads" for my other apps so there is no risk of inappropriate ads showing up.

It's very important to me that my apps contain only age-appropriate content and I hope my post helps address your concerns.

All the best,

Dan

If an app doesn't require internet access to run, you can put the phone in "airplane mode" and ads will not be served up.

Thanks for this tip! :001_smile:

Hello,

My name is Dan Russell-Pinson and I'm the author of Rocket Math. I noticed this thread from a Google Alert I have set up to keep track of my apps online.

First, let me say that I apologize for any inappropriate ads that might have been served by the free versions of my apps in the past. I have tried to work with my ad provider to avoid any type of adult ads from showing up in my apps. Their system has a setting called "Level of adult ads served" which I, of course, set to None. I also coded my apps with a 4+ age level. Despite this, ads were still showing up for dating services, etc.

When I approached the ad service about this, they said they would tag my account manually to not receive adult ads. This seemed to improve things, but there would still be inappropriate ads showing from time to time.

Since then, I have decided to replace all of the ads in my free apps. Now they just show "ads" for my other apps so there is no risk of inappropriate ads showing up.

It's very important to me that my apps contain only age-appropriate content and I hope my post helps address your concerns.

All the best,

Dan

Thank you for your concern and for doing what you can to make sure your app is safe for our kids. :001_smile:

Hello,

All the best,

Dan

Thanks! :) We love Rocket Math on our iPad.

@acurtis75: Fantastic. Thanks so much for purchasing Rocket Math. I hope your daughter enjoys it!

@mamakimberly: Great! More girls playing Rocket Math. I love to hear it.

@EmilyK: Glad your sons are having fun with Rocket Math too ;)